Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.Com: Redskins' Kirk Cousins asked to keep mum on reps

MustangSteve

Bwaahaahaaa!

"When he's not playing the role of Cousins, Browns backup passer Colt McCoy is being used to double as RG3 for the scout team this week", according to ESPNCleveland.com's Tony Grossi.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000110637/article/redskins-kirk-cousins-asked-to-keep-mum-on-reps

The Washington Redskins are going to put a quarterback on the field Sunday. Which one remains shrouded in mystery.

"I can't tell you all that," Griffin told The Associated Press after Wednesday's practice. "First, I don't want to give the Cleveland Browns a competitive advantage. And I don't want to let anybody down, so I don't want to say that I'll be playing and end up not playing."

Backup Kirk Cousins was equally covert when asked about his status, indicating that Redskins quarterbacks have been muzzled this week.

"I was advised not to comment on the rep distribution," Cousins said. "So I'm sorry, but I'm not going to say anything along those lines, just to protect my team and give us the best chance to win on Sunday."

RG3 went so far as to admit that his limited non-contact work in Wednesday's practice was partly for show.

Click Link for Rest.

So how does that work?

They have McCoy run the read option, and on plays he's supposed to be Robert keeping it, he raises his hand and they stop, and another guy ten yards downfield then pretends to be Robert.

or do they just let McCoy ride a motorcycle?

~Bang

So how does that work?

They have McCoy run the read option, and on plays he's supposed to be Robert keeping it, he raises his hand and they stop, and another guy ten yards downfield then pretends to be Robert.

~Bang

Rollerblades ... i heard they are using rollerblades. I also heard they are putting those parachutes on the back of the defensive players to slow them down and speed up McCoy. :ols:

In fairness to these teams...what else can you do? You have to give your defense looks against the type of offense they will see, and you can't really use a DB or WR unless he can also make the throws. I would guess it's better that they see a very poor-man's version of our offense than to just sit and watch tape on it all week.

Didn't we hear about the Ravens doing the same thing? It's just weird to hear of the Browns trying to use McCoy like this... wow.

And good on our coaching staff for prepping RG3 and Cousins for the media blitz. I love it.

At least Tyrod Taylor ran a 4.55 40 yard dash so it is somewhat in the ballpark of Griffin (4.41). McCoy ran a 4.79 in Combine. Not quite in the same league.

At least Tyrod Taylor ran a 4.55 40 yard dash so it is somewhat in the ballpark of Griffin (4.41). McCoy ran a 4.79 in Combine. Not quite in the same league.

Exactly what I was thinking. They'd be better off letting Josh Cribbs try and run it... or doing this drill:

I wanted to start a new thread but I dont know what the mods want to read.

Kyle Shannahan deserves a lot of respect.

In the beginning of the year our offense looked like a gimmick and people began to wonder if both the Shannahans were on the choping block. Since then the Redskins offense is the most entertaining of the league. If you have watched the Redskins as I do, you know that in the past anyone could call out the play and if a fan could, then a professional could. Now the play action fakes trick the camera man multiple times a game. The redskins have a rookie QB and RB breaking franchise and league records every game. There is something special with the team this year and it rests on the shoulders of RGIII and Kyle. Also Mike has turned this team into professional winner in how they conduct business. I have pulled out my old jerseys and wear them with pride. Im in Denver and the Redskins are the talk of the office every Monday and I am the only Redskins fan. When I say "Hail to the Redskins" I get chills because it truely means something. My faith has been renewed.:dallasuck:eaglesuck:beavisnbutthead:

I wanted to start a new thread but I dont know what the mods want to read.

Kyle Shannahan deserves a lot of respect.

In the beginning of the year our offense looked like a gimmick and people began to wonder if both the Shannahans were on the choping block. Since then the Redskins offense is the most entertaining of the league. If you have watched the Redskins as I do, you know that in the past anyone could call out the play and if a fan could, then a professional could. Now the play action fakes trick the camera man multiple times a game. The redskins have a rookie QB and RB breaking franchise and league records every game. There is something special with the team this year and it rests on the shoulders of RGIII and Kyle. Also Mike has turned this team into professional winner in how they conduct business. I have pulled out my old jerseys and wear them with pride. Im in Denver and the Redskins are the talk of the office every Monday and I am the only Redskins fan. When I say "Hail to the Redskins" I get chills because it truely means something. My faith has been renewed.:dallasuck:eaglesuck:beavisnbutthead:

This goes along with what I was thinking about earlier. I want to start an ultra-positive thread to balance out the "negativity" on the board (know what I mean?). I love your optimism. HTTR!

So how does that work?

~Bang

Hahahaha....nice.

Are you saying that McCoy has better acceleration than JOSH CRIBBS?!??!

All I'm saying is that it matters more how quickly you can accelerate rather than how fast you can eventually (i.e., if not caught) run. Well, that is, for a QB scrambling from tackler. For a guy like Al-Mo, he may hit his top speed pretty quickly, but he doesn't have breakaway speed -- hence he's not likely to duplicate Jamaal Charles's 80 yd run. OTOH, I prefer we pound them into submission from play 1.

Archived