Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any Green Day fans out there? (BJA is going to rehab)

Toe Jam

21st-century-breakdown-body-460-100.jpg

And then Spin got a first listen of six of the tracks...

Green Day's 21st Century Breakdown, one of 2009's most-anticipated records, releases in May. Yesterday, reps from the band's label, Warner Bros., swung by SPIN's lower Manhattan office to play us six of the album's 16 tracks and feed us a bucket of fried chicken.

Our verdict? We love it. (The chicken was pretty good, too.)

In the six songs, Green Day keep their punk urgency and lyrical angst, but expand their ambition. They use dramatic musical shifts reminiscent of Queen, and Who-like classic rock guitars. There's even a poignant piano ballad that Fiona Apple could love.

click link for more

I know BigMike can't stand them but I'm convinced some of you are fans or at least enjoyed American Idiot.

I know I did. That's the only reason I'm willing to give this album a listen. Should be interesting to see how the follow up AI.:)

Dookie was MUCH better than American Idiot. I'll probably give it a listen, but if its anything like AI then I probably wont like it too much.

You won't like it, then. I took a listen to the leaked first track. It's very much like American Idiot.

American Idiot was terrible. I miss Dookie and Insomniac. Hopefully this album isn't all American Idiot style.

I think it's a little bit of everything... don't think it's exactly a rock opera this go around.

And btw.. I like Dookie. Just prefer American Idiot.

And probably sold out within sixty seconds.

Happens regardless with them.

The last time Green Day was down here I had to take my lunch break around when the presale tickets went on sale. I was refreshing my browser until 10am when they went on sale. I purchased my pit tickets and tried to get a few more a minute later to resell and they were gone. It's crazy.

Happens regardless with them.

The last time Green Day was down here I had to take my lunch break around when the presale tickets went on sale. I was refreshing my browser until 10am when they went on sale. I purchased my pit tickets and tried to get a few more a minute later to resell and they were gone. It's crazy.

I've NEVER been able to get tickets for a huge event like that. I usually have to overpay drastically on eBay or something.

I'm just not good at timing. When I saw Eminem in 2002, I gave someone else the money and had them stand in line.:D

I've NEVER been able to get tickets for a huge event like that. I usually have to overpay drastically on eBay or something.

I'm just not good at timing. When I saw Eminem in 2002, I gave someone else the money and had them stand in line.:D

Haha, I used to have the same issue.

Another good way to get tickets in the future, is to try www.razorgator.com the week of the event. Great seats are more affordable and you can find coupons online googling for them. It's great.

I've been a fan on theirs since my friend introduced me to Kerplunk. I've enjoyed all of their albums but Dookie and American Idiot stand out. I used to listen to American Idiot a ton while playing Warcraft. Boulevard of Broken Dreams is probably the best Rogue song ever (although it eventually got overplayed).

I'm looking forward to this new album, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

• 2 months later...

oh yeah!! lets promote a band that constantly degrades their own country and because they dont get along with certain types of people calls them "idiots".

if i ever met billy jo i would help him straighten those crooked ass teeth out.

Green Day is one of the main reasons that ***** bands like good charlotte, fall out boy, and all of those emo sissies are around.

Archived