Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com/Zorn:Portis won't play vs. Jets,Devin Thomas will play most of game(MET)

Drunken Master III

Portis does not need too much work during pre-season . . . I'm all for this move. He only needs to go with the starters against Carolina. With the amount of touches he gets during the year . . . and the absolute pounding he takes . . . it is in the team's best interest to not risk anything during the pre-season.

Furthermore, by resting him, the coaches get to see more of Marcus Mason. I am sure they are already thinking about how they will keep him on the 53 roster.

I am so excited to see Devin play. The players and coaches have been talkin him up this week . . . Let's hope he delivers.

I wonder if Portis actually might be disappointed with this, given that he doesn't exactly shy away from attention and given that this will be one of the most hyped and watched preseason games in history.

Agree that he loves the spotlight, but this is still a preseason game. He's not gonna shed one little tear over not playing, Favre or no Favre.

I am very interested in seeing Devin Thomas out there. Let's see what we've got in this guy. I'm not expecting much this first outing though, especially since he's missed so much practice time.

Still it will be fun to watch and to try to glimpse into his future as an NFL receiver.

Portis will get more time on the 23rd vs Carolina as Zorn has previously stated that the starters would get their most work in the 4th preseason game.

There should be no problem with him taking off this game and our last preseason game. He's the workhorse of this offense and we'll need him rested for the regular season. :2cents:

I am very interested in seeing Devin Thomas out there. Let's see what we've got in this guy. I'm not expected much this first go around, though, especially since he's missed so much practice time.

Still it will be fun to watch and to try to glimpse into his future as an NFL receiver.

Zorn also said that Devin Thomas will play the majority of the game with all the QBs, so we should get a pretty good look at him. Looking forward to it.

Don't want to hi jack my own thread but there were a couple other points in the interview. Campbell will play less than a quarter. Colt will be the last QB to play. Yes, even after Devine.

Devine must be looking real sharp in practice or something. You'd think you'd want TC and CB getting a lot of snaps for the experience, or maybe Zorn is developing some Grudenitis.

Archived