Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

J.J. Abrams Star Trek trailer

Thanos

Wow! That does look good!

Is this a prequel to the series by chance?

I love almost all of Abrams' work

Yes it follows Kirk and Spock after they graduate from Starfleet Academy and take over the Enterprise from CPT Pike and assembles the crew for their first mission.

The preview looks dark. But, what can you really get from a few random shots?

I wish if they were trying to rehab the franchise. They'd try something new. Maybe have it take place during a crazy war. Introduce new characters who you won't mind if they're killed. Just go nuts.

That's been done.Called a Borg storyline.

I love JJ Abrams work, but with each new revision of Star Trek, we are getting father and farther away from Gene Roddenberry, to the point that the series will be barely recognizable as "Star Trek."

I do think Rick Berman did a really good job with the series, but since he worked with Roddenberry, at least he has that connection, and a lot of what we know is really "Berman" Trek. But I am very, very wary in going backwards to re-imagine the Trek world, because it just changes too much, to the point that ST: TOS becomes almost irrelevant.

I always thought a good series would be "Star Trek: Starfleet Academy." They could easily introduce old characters, who could be instructors at the academy, with a great deal of possibilities for storylines while staying true to the Star Trek universe.

I love JJ Abrams work, but with each new revision of Star Trek, we are getting father and farther away from Gene Roddenberry, to the point that the series will be barely recognizable as "Star Trek."

I do think Rick Berman did a really good job with the series, but since he worked with Roddenberry, at least he has that connection, and a lot of what we know is really "Berman" Trek. But I am very, very wary in going backwards to re-imagine the Trek world, because it just changes too much, to the point that ST: TOS becomes almost irrelevant.

I always thought a good series would be "Star Trek: Starfleet Academy." They could easily introduce old characters, who could be instructors at the academy, with a great deal of possibilities for storylines while staying true to the Star Trek universe.

I thought Berman /Braga just plain ran out of ideas. Reboots can do well (ie Batman) and maybe needed an outsider to relaunch the franchise and give it fresh legs.They did pull the plug a tad bit too early on the Enterpise and the series could have gone into the founding of the Federation and Starfleet more, because that final episode was average at best.

Now lets be real the effects have to be better.I loved the Original Series also but LCD lights for bridge controls on a massive starship won't cut it in 2008/9.

FYI... J.J. doing his internet thang again...

http://www.ncc-1701.com/

right below each camera feed there are 3 numbers and a percentage. to see each picture clearly you gotta get the percentage to 100%. enter 564 for the first camera, 125 for the second camera, and 289 for the fourth camera. they don't show anything more than what the teaser shows (people working on the ship), but i wonder why camera three isn't online.

right below each camera feed there are 3 numbers and a percentage. to see each picture clearly you gotta get the percentage to 100%. enter 564 for the first camera, 125 for the second camera, and 289 for the fourth camera. they don't show anything more than what the teaser shows (people working on the ship), but i wonder why camera three isn't online.

I imagine that the content will change just like the 1-18 website did for cloverfield

Considering how picky die hard Trekkies are; they probably won't like the changes. Still, the movie will do well at least for one week.

Trekkies better hope it does well, only way they will see the show return to the small screen again.

I wonder just what role Old Spock actually plays in this movie??

Archived