Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When will Campbell become starter (Mod edited title)

extremeskin

I think Gibbs will let them compete for the starting job in pre-season next year, I wouldn't say Brunell is guarenteed to be the starter, hell, he started Ramsey at the beginning of this season.

If Brunell takes us to the playoffs he will be the guaranteed starter. It wouldn't make any sense to rely on a QB to get you through the season and then not start him the following year.

:eaglesuck

Brunell so far has thrown 22 touchdowns and 9 interceptions and is ranked #3 among NFC quarterbacks. Based on that Gibbs is going to go into minicamps with the job open for Campbell? Come on, now. I like Campbell's potential as much as anyone but if Joe Gibbs is the HC, Campbell ain't going to camp as the starter :laugh:

Jason Campbell is the ace up our sleeve at the moment. Come training camp next season, Mark Brunell will be the presumptive starter based on strong performance this year. Patrick Ramsey may or may not be here to challenge him again based on all the potential he still has and how beautifully he's handled his situation this year.

And Jason Campbell will be waiting in the wings should one or both of the guys in front of him either leave or falter enough to open the door.

And then there's the possibility the kid could simply play so damn well that he forces OPEN the door, and simply takes the job by showing he's too good to keep off the field. I for one would not be too suprised if that happened. Call it a feeling.

If I'm right, we're good to go for the forseeable future. If not, we have established options.

Nice position to be in for a change. :)

I think it will be a while. It may not even happen as long as Brunell and Gibbs is around. The truth is that Gibbs likes to have a veteran QB behind center. Although I have a friend who goes to church with one of the Skins coaches and says that Campbell is an absolute genious behind center. Given a few years, he'll be one of the top QB's in the league.

If I'm right, we're good to go for the forseeable future. If not, we have established options.

Nice position to be in for a change. :)

You said it.

I've been venting for years now that the only thing wrong with this franchise (other than Snyder :) ) was our lack of a QB.

Now we're stacked at the position. Unbelievable position to be in, especially if Ramsey hangs on another year.

I had my doubts thru the year if Brunell was truly the guy, but I do believe that he is. Ramsey, who I'd basically written off as well, showed me something in the Giants game with his release and his decision making. And I've always liked Campbell... it will be something to watch him in camps this offseason.

If we'd had this kind of QB depth and play on any of the teams from the past 5 years, I think we have a playoff team or two in there.

And its all because of Joe Gibbs. He knows how to win in this league, and he knows what it takes. You have GOT to settle the QB position, at any cost.

Parcells I think bought a lot of his own hype, and thought he could win with a defense and ground game alone. It's bit him in the a$$. Bledsoe is done after this year, and there is no QB of the future in Dallas, either. Look at Cincy... finally with Carson Palmer. The Giants will be looked at 5 years from now as front office Gods because of their move to get Eli. ALL of us, no matter how much we would like to think otherwise, KNOW that the Eagles will be the team to beat again as soon as Donovan comes back healthy. and on and on...

• 1 year later...

Archived