Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSNBC: Seahawks OL coach Gibbs abruptly resigns (MET)

kellydude

From what I've been reading, Gibbs left over personnel matters -- he seems to have clashed over who could best step in to run the ZBS he was brought in for. I suspect the "Health" issues was a way of glossing over the internal issues.

I do hope that Shanahan reaches out to Gibbs, and when Gibbs is ready, has him come to the Skins in the role of 'consultant'. Of course that assumes that Gibbs is still interested in NFL football coaching, or whether he really has "retired" for good. The idea would be to have him mentor the current Skins Offensive staff, and provide greater ZBS insight to Kyle Shanahan, who's probably going to be our next Headcoach.

I got the sense that out of Gibbs, Solari and Foerster (the O-line coaches involved in the shuffle between Seattle, SF, and Washington) -- that Chris Foerster was ranked third. So, maybe Gibbs mentor Foerster in the nuances of the ZBS in a low-key sort of way, and help the practice squad developmentals as well. From what I've read, Foerster has shared duties many times in his career, and I suspect he wouldn't mind someone of Gibbs stature providing advice.

I believe that Gibbs left the Seahawks because he realized that Pete Carroll is a joke, cheater, and NFL failure getting paid 8 million a year. He may say it's health reasons, but in reality it's the knowledge that Carroll will be an unmitigated disaster. When you cut TJ for Mike Williams, I think it shows that maybe you've got a boner for the USC guys even though Williams hasn't been dominant since his days at PLant High School in Tampa.

In a related note, if our line struggles, Alex Gibbs the long time Denver O-line coach is available.

Archived