Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone know a Redskins Therapist I can talk to?

greenmile

I really can't handle the swings anymore.

I'm tired of having my whole week ruined by a loss. I can't listen to sports radio or watch ESPN all week. I'll be misreable all week at work.

I think I have to stop waiting all week with such anticipation for these games the way I do. If we lose, you've spent the whole week building up pure dissapointment. And if we win, I don't think it's ever as high as the losing is low.

Also, it kind of makes me sick when I see the players, after a loss, go up and hug the opposing teams players. Smiling. WTF? Is it just a game to these players? I want to see somebody pissed off for once after a loss.

I hear you. But, after all of these years of disappointment, I just don't let it get to me anymore. I still root like hell every Sunday, but if we lose, I don't let it ruin my weekend, much less my entire week. It's not worth it. And like you said, it seems like the players don't take losses with as much pain as they did years ago.

Guest RideorDieChic

Yeah, there is one my friends use, she is highly talked about

I believe her name is Cognac. If she is not available, Brandy and Gin can be contacted.

Snyder should start a distillery for making booze for Redskins fans. He'd make a killing.

If you let a Redskins loss ruin your week, you should retire from being a fan. If recent history has taught us anything, you'll be a miserable prick for a long time.

I let it ruin 24 hours MAX.

I hear you. But, after all of these years of disappointment, I just don't let it get to me anymore. I still root like hell every Sunday, but if we lose, I don't let it ruin my weekend, much less my entire week. It's not worth it. And like you said, it seems like the players don't take losses with as much pain as they did years ago.
Good post!!

I love my burgundy and gold but I wonder if I take it to seriously. I'm not sure if they will ever reach that so called pinnacle of success under Gibbs2.Must be nice to be a Patiots or Colts fan. They expect and always get close to perfection on the field and looking forward to see their teams winning. I hate this inconsistent crap our Skins give us. I really do. :helmet:

It's funny that you posted this, because I was thinking about starting a thread titled "I'm a psychologist and you are clinically retarded!" in response to the ridiculous posts immediately following a loss (or a win). I could honestly write a book on this phenomenon. Actually, I might do that down the line somewhere.

If you need to talk about it, let me know ;)

I'm tired of having my whole week ruined by a loss. I can't listen to sports radio or watch ESPN all week. I'll be misreable all week at work.

I think I have to stop waiting all week with such anticipation for these games the way I do. If we lose, you've spent the whole week building up pure dissapointment. And if we win, I don't think it's ever as high as the losing is low.

Also, it kind of makes me sick when I see the players, after a loss, go up and hug the opposing teams players. Smiling. WTF? Is it just a game to these players? I want to see somebody pissed off for once after a loss.

I feel exactly the same way, I'm getting sick of this team

The real question is your 77 years old and at work??? That's a bigger problem then a skins loss. ;)

If you're 77 you should be happy to be alive:laugh: There's lot's of other things just a tad more important in life than a Redskins loss. I hear ya though.:rolleyes:

Starting last year I learned to just be calm after a loss but this one was just too much so I went to Pentagon City for a little while just to clear my head.

I really can't let this team get to me anymore.

I know how you feel, there are people I know who literally cry because of the skins. My little cousin was bombing his heart out.

Look, we've basically sucked for 15 years. Oh yeah, we've made a couple of playoff appearances but we haven't been feared for a long time. I've gotten pretty cynical when it comes to the team. I still love them, root for them, look forward to the games but in the end it's getting to where I have to have this switch that I just turn off my connection to them and go on with different things in my life. YOu know, we looked pretty good last week against a team that was supposedly up and coming. But we've lost two games where we simply folded in the second half. If that's going to be our M.O. I'm not sure how I'm going to get through this season. I can't continue to get my hopes up and have them dashed. Being here in Carolina now I don't get all the games on tv (like today) so I think I'm going to simply watch the games that are on tv (which will be about half) and minimize my angst. I'll still root hard when I can.......just part time. Go skins!

After the Detroit game, I started having the feelings I used the have during the Gibbs I era - remember those??? IE the team is talented and coming together. They might not win everything, but they will fight to the end and be competitive with anybody. The coaches are smart and know what they are doing. Oh well, back to reality.

I just can't stand the losing, especially when the team always fails to improve after a loss. They might get up for the next week, but they'll come out flat after that. Somebody on this team has to get angry, the guys have to decide that they're done with losing, and if they don't they'll continue to lose.

Here's a suggestion: Get a life. Seriously, it IS just a game.

Yeah, there is one my friends use, she is highly talked about

I believe her name is Cognac. If she is not available, Brandy and Gin can be contacted.

Great, this person needs some serious help and you guys are pushing them to be alcoholic and then they will end up in AA!!

Here is some therapy for you: Just count to 10, take slow deep breaths, open your eyes and you will see the Skins have beaten the Cards and has handed the Patriots their first loss of the season!:D

Here's a suggestion: Get a life. Seriously, it IS just a game.

Who the hell are you to tell people what to take seriously/importantly and what not to? You have quite a few posts on here for this being "just a game" maybe you should get a life and post on a message board about something that matters. :rolleyes:

Archived