Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Archuleta for next season?

RonArtest15

So, what do you all think will happen to #40? Is he going to be a Skin or what? Was he even on the punt team today? His jersey looked extra clean...Obviously he is in the doghouse w/ GW, and things aren't looking too promising...so all in all, what do we do about him for next year?

So, what do you all think will happen to #40? Is he going to be a Skin or what? Was he even on the punt team today? His jersey looked extra clean...Obviously he is in the doghouse w/ GW, and things aren't looking too promising...so all in all, what do we do about him for next year?

I want him to play, the season is over now, why not see what he can do after learning the system a little better?

I want him to play, the season is over now, why not see what he can do after learning the system a little better?

Yeah I actually agree with this statement, although I may be blasted for it. We gave this guy a boatload of money . . . why not see what he can do? Early on in the season we saw that he cannot cover and was generally unproductive on the blitz . . . but he even admitted that he became a bit arrogant with the money, and got away from what made him a first round draft pick. Maybe this whole thing of sitting on the bench has made him hungry again . . . and rather than cut him and lose all that money, why not try to see if he can help the team?

The season is over, and we absolutely have to start playing for next year and the FUTURE.

Set aside the hatred and look at it this way. The worst thing that could happen is he plays badly( no worse thatn GW has made him out to be) and he is traded in a terrible deal for the skins. (Already gonna happen). Best thing is he plays well and actually finds a home in the system if GW will let his EGO stand aside. Most likely to happen, he plays, so-so, and nothing changes. Therefore= nothing gained, nothing lost.

Arch should be playing. Period. The best case scenario is that he adjusts to the system and he becomes a decent Safety. Worst case, he continues to struggle on pass coverage and we confirm that he needs to go.

Bottom line: Vernon Fox is better at coverage, but Arch is better at tackling. Remember, after 6 games this season Arch LEAD the team in tackles! Fox is a poor tackler...and gave away at least 7 points in today's game.

Play Arch...see what happens.

GWs dog house need blown up. Well see what we do with him when we get our new DC and GM.

I think there is somthing in his contract that we can't cut him before a certain date or his whole contract is guaranteed :doh: Our idot front office will do anything to get the hottest chick in the room at the time not realizing that the chicks they are courting are below average.

According to the Redskins radio with Kevin Sheehan and Joe Jacoby this morning, AA can be cut before June 1 and the Redskins wouldn't receive a huge cap hit. Sheehan said that $5 million of his signing bonus was actually a roster bonus. If he doesn't make the roster, the Redskins are not responsible for the money owed, or at least the money owed can be spread out in a more cap friendly manner.

Expect the Turk to pay a visit to AA during the offseason. Maybe the Redskins will finally learn (I can hope anyway).

Hail,

H

According to the Redskins radio with Kevin Sheehan and Joe Jacoby this morning, AA can be cut before June 1 and the Redskins wouldn't receive a huge cap hit. Sheehan said that $5 million of his signing bonus was actually a roster bonus. If he doesn't make the roster, the Redskins are not responsible for the money owed, or at least the money owed can be spread out in a more cap friendly manner.

Expect the Turk to pay a visit to AA during the offseason. Maybe the Redskins will finally learn (I can hope anyway).

Hail,

H

Not sure if Jacoby and the guys are up on all the details but I remember Adam and Randel El have somthing in their contracts that they can't be cut before a certain date or the whole contract is guaranteed.

I am sadden to see that he is on the bench. My friend is a huge Rams fan. When she heard they lost Archuletta she said their defense was taking a hit. To me he is still a very good player. One that can play to the amount of money he is making.

We spent too much on him just to let him sit out next year. He will most likely learn the defense and start fresh again, complementing Taylor.

Archived