Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does anybody see the Eagles not winning the Division?

chimster7

I think that the Eagles are going to win the division. I just don't see it not happening. Their Lines are both good and McNabb is awesome. WB getting hurt might be their Achilles heal if no other RB steps up. They are the most complete team in the East. Does anyone differ and why? I really don't like that they are going to win because their fans are really annoying.

I think that the Eagles are going to win the division. I just don't see it not happening. Their Lines are both good and McNabb is awesome. WB getting hurt might be their Achilles heal if no other RB steps up. They are the most complete team in the East. Does anyone differ and why? I really don't like that they are going to win because their fans are really annoying.

Pay attention to who they've played.

They're a good team, but their schedule sours at mid-season.

They have had an easier go of it than most of the other teams in the division. They are a good team, no doubt, but they have a real tough schedule coming up.

Also, Dallas had 5 turnovers, fighting alot of emotion with the whole TO thing, and it was a road game. And it still came down to the last 30 seconds of the game.

So I think they most certainly don't have a lock on the division. I think the Giants, Cowboys or Eagles could win it.

They hit a brutal schedule stretch pretty soon. Dallas only has 1 more loss than them and has the same divisional record.

If Dallas can go 5-4 to start off with (which is plausible), they could go 10-6 and that *might* win the division. And yes, Philly won Sunday. But for all of the hooplah and hype, they barely got by despite playing at home.

I'm not taking anything away from them, but I'm not giving them the division either.

I think

YAKUZA

If McNabb keeps playing the way he is playing now they will easily win the Division. The Cowboys have QB problems that hurt them b/c they have a top 5 team in the NFL if they had a solid QB. The Giants have the hardest schedule I have seen since ive been watching football and are a bit overrated in my opinion. The Skins are having problems with play calling , there offensive line , and there pass defense. Right now if anyone says the Eagles wont win the division are being a homer just a little.

Pay attention to who they've played.

They're a good team, but their schedule sours at mid-season.

tr1, you act like Washington's schedule has been just brutal. Let's see, you've already said that a team that beat Washington by 17, Dallas, sucks. Minnesota, a team that beat the Skins at Fed Ex almost lost to the Lions yesterday, and the Giants thoroughly beat the Skins. You did beat Houston and Jacksonville though. Washington managed to win 2 of those 5 games and you're still confident they'll win the east?

yes dockery fan does not see the eagles winning the division, tr1, and bubba. lol.

Division. I didn't think so. But they have looked good.

I laughed at you for homefield advantage. That I still think is a joke.

But maybe the jokes on me. We'll see. I still think the Fo needed to make moves they did not make. So far, it's working out, but it's week 5.

I agree, too early to tell. The tough part of their schedule is coming up. The Eagles have not played Indy and Philly never beats Indy. Also, you have to play Jax. Then the Eagles have to travel to three away division games. The Eagles have no running game and that always seems to find a way to hurt them at some point in the season. I am also not sold on the WR's yet despite what happened yesterday.

tr1, you act like Washington's schedule has been just brutal. Let's see, you've already said that a team that beat Washington by 17, Dallas, sucks. Minnesota, a team that beat the Skins at Fed Ex almost lost to the Lions yesterday, and the Giants thoroughly beat the Skins. You did beat Houston and Jacksonville though. Washington managed to win 2 of those 5 games and you're still confident they'll win the east?

The Eagles have a loss in the division, a home loss. With 3 road division games still to play.

The Skins have two road losses, which is to be expected with only one road game left and 3 homes. The Skins hardest games left are at the Eagles and at the Colts. The other tough teams are met at home including all three East teams, the Falcons and the Panthers.

The Giants are 2-0 and some of their hardest schedule is out of the way. They still have to play at the Cowboys and at the Skins.

The Cowboys are 1-1 and have a fairly decent schedule left to play. They have two homes and two aways left.

Just because the Eagles are a game up at this point means nothing. Most people thought they'd go 6-1 or even 7-0 to start the season. But you have to admit it all goes down hill from there.

And overall winning record is what matters first. The Skins had the best division record last year but were still a game behind the Giants in overall.

So no, I don't think the Eagles will win the division. Those three road games in a row are going to really hurt. Plus everyone has to think about injuries. Whose got the best depth and easiest road left? It ain't the Eagles.

Too early to tell given the schedule and teams that have played.

I'd agree with this.

As far as remaining schedule the Eagles and Giants have 4 games left with teams that now have losing records and the Boys have 5 and the Skins have only 2 games left with teams that now have losing records.

are you actually questioning our depth? and most of those teams we have left to play are hardly playing lights out. i see no more than 3-4 losses for,the season.

The only depth you have is on the d-line. What happens if you can't even rotate them the way you have?

The Skins have to tighten up their pass defense. That is obvious.

Giants have to worry about internal strife and their defense (even after shutting us down)

Cowboys have to worry about their pass coverage and pass protection.

The Eagles have concerns in the secondary and the inability to play with a lead. Doesn't that scare you? You can't control the ball.

why would we not be able to rotate them, we're 6-7 deep on starters. how do we not play with a lead? we did it yesterday. our secondary is healthy now and it showed yesterday. lito had 2 picks in crucial times. now, a concern is that michael lewis is trying to be roy williams. big hits and lapse pass coverage. I would be shocked to see him return next year. sean considine, 2nd year player taken in the 3rd round, is playing in 3rd and long plays in dawkins place, while dawkins is playing linebacker. the kid has shined so far.

The Eagles have concerns in the secondary and the inability to play with a lead. Doesn't that scare you? You can't control the ball.

Yeah....If only the Eagles could keep a lead like the Skins did against the Jags. Up by 10 in the 4th quarter and then tied and then up by 3 and then tied. Let's face it the Skins are one well thrown ball to Williams at the goal line on their last drive away from being 1-4

Yeah....If only the Eagles could keep a lead like the Skins did against the Jags. Up by 10 in the 4th quarter and then tied and then up by 3 and then tied. Let's face it the Skins are one well thrown ball to Williams at the goal line on their last drive away from being 1-4

And you guys didn't nearly screw the pooch yesterday?

How your secondary let Glenn get behind them in that situation is beyond comprehension.

You can say that about a lot of different teams/games in the NFL. Kinda pointless to say things like that. The team won, end of statement. NYG could have lost to the Eagles with one good first down or one good run, but they didnt lose.

I wish people would be a little more timely with their down-the-line prognostications. The second half of our schedule doesn't look nearly as difficult today as it looked back in preseason.

Notice I said "doesn't look nearly as difficult." Sizing up teams 6 weeks ahead of time is pretty meaningless, and matters truly in perspective only. Injuries change teams quickly. Momentum, both postive and negative, affects every team in the league on a week to week basis.

Looking at the second half of the schedule, for any team in the league, is pretty meaningless. The only people in the world of the NFL who do it are guys like us who spend so much time discussing NFL football on the internet that they run out of variables to discuss. When each game on the schedule comes to pass, things are rarely the way they appeared when they were first assessed.

The Eagles have their toughest game of the season, allowing records to speak for teams, this week in New Orleans against another 4-1 team. Who would have ever thought that at the begining of the season? Who would have ever thought that even two weeks ago when they sat at 2-0?

We'll play the schedule one game at a time, if you'll allow my least favorite sports cliche.

Archived