Extremeskins

Will SB 40 be a low rated superbowl?

88Comrade2000

Superbowl Xtra Large Winner: Seattle or Pittsburgh  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Superbowl Xtra Large Winner: Seattle or Pittsburgh

• Pittsburgh finally wins one for the thumb
    • Seattle wins their first superbowl

Wonder if Seattle vs. Pittsburgh will be a low rated superbowl?

I think it will be. I think there will be more people rooting for Pittsburgh than Seattle and Pittsburgh has a 4-1 record in the superbowl. Seattle- other than the northwest area; probably won't be appealing to many people.

Even if Carolina had won, it would probably be the same thing.

I think we need a team like, say the Washington Redskins to help with those superbowl ratings in Miami next year. Would love a Skins- Dolphins matchup and for us to beat Miami in their own stadium!

There is no such thing as a low-rated Super Bowl.

The NBA and MLB worry about "glamour teams" being matched up in the end because there are so many markets where the team is non-competitive year in and year out that many fans are indifferent to the sport and the teams have to carry the event.

The NFL is different. All 32 teams stand the chance to win, and therefore fans across the country care right down to the wire, even if their team is not involved. No team is bigger or better than any other. Ratings will be fine. promise.

There is no such thing as a low-rated Super Bowl.

The NBA and MLB worry about "glamour teams" being matched up in the end because there are so many markets where the team is non-competitive year in and year out that many fans are indifferent to the sport and the teams have to carry the event.

The NFL is different. All 32 teams stand the chance to win, and therefore fans across the country care right down to the wire, even if their team is not involved. No team is bigger or better than any other. Ratings will be fine. promise.

It will get big ratings but I think it will be among the lowest rated superbowl ever!

Screw the ratings. I'm so sick of pro sports having to almost feel bad when two good teams make it because they dare play defense or happen to be from a city that isn't NY or LA. Crappy sports fans that only tune in to see stars, lots of points, or big city teams can kiss my ass.

I'm a real fan that appreciates defensive contests and I'm thrilled the Mannings aren't in it.

I think the Steelers were involved in two of the five highest-rated Super Bowls ever.

Football is different from baseball or basketball. Teams like Pittsburgh, Dallas, and Green Bay have huge national following despite being from relatively "smaller" markets - Pittsburgh and Green Bay especially.

Seattle probably doesn't bring a lot of fans on its own, but the ratings should be good.

The ratings for the game will be high, but will nosedive as the game progresses.Though one of the NFL's elite franchaise's ,the Steelers will not bring in 49er or Cowboy -type numbers.

Also , why is ABC running more promos about the Rolling Stones, than the game itself? Makes you wonder..............................:doh:

Screw the ratings. I'm so sick of pro sports having to almost feel bad when two good teams make it because they dare play defense or happen to be from a city that isn't NY or LA. Crappy sports fans that only tune in to see stars, lots of points, or big city teams can kiss my ass.

I'm a real fan that appreciates defensive contests and I'm thrilled the Mannings aren't in it.

Wait your were talking about the Mannings?

I think it will be. I think there will be more people rooting for Pittsburgh than Seattle and Pittsburgh has a 4-1 record in the superbowl. Seattle- other than the northwest area; probably won't be appealing to many people.

I think we need a team like, say the Washington Redskins to help with those superbowl ratings in Miami next year. Would love a Skins- Dolphins matchup and for us to beat Miami in their own stadium!

Yea I agree that the ratings will be very low for a super bowl. Seattle provides little hype. They definitely have a choke stigma attached to them. Tough to be interested in a team that has 2 playoff victories in the last 22 years. I do think that the ratings would be slightly higher for a Steelers/Panthers game.

• 2 weeks later...

Turns out, it was the top-rated Superbowl in ten years, since the last time the Steelers were there: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5310160

Archived