Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

At 4:48am this morning........

smsmith40

local time (UK) Brunell was sacked to make it 3rd and 27 on the Skins 21 yard line and I decided that given it was 102 minutes until my alarm was due to go off and I was looking after the kids today while my wife was out of town I was going to bed. After all what was the point in bearing witness to the ineptness that passed for the Washington offense any longer.

Great move :doh:

I don't blame you for getting much needed sleep but wow did you ever miss it. I bet you were a little shocked by the score huh?

Strangely no, as I was waiting for my internet connection there was a kind of inevitability about it. After I went upstairs I lay awake for a few minutes thinking to myself that I'd been stupid.

Never mind, there is always next year. (I think thats the only skins game on TV here this year)

I turned my TV off at exactly the same time, i think the national grid must have had a bit of a power surge with the few TVs on at 5 am getting turned off. At least I taped it so I got to see the end of the game when I dragged myself out of bed this morning................................amazing.

Before that my night had been ruined, what with the redskins shocking offense and channel 5 showing nearly all of the Giants-Saints game instead of the skins.

I have a funny feeling a lot of people are going to be answering the poll on Redskins.com the same way you folks are talking - either that or they won't want to admit they didn't watch after the third quarter.

I for one am so glad I decided to stick it out. I kept telling my wife - just one turnover... just one big play...

I just about had to clean the couch on that 4th and 15

As a UK skins fan I can addmitt to almost doing the same but in the train wreak kind of way I just couldn't turn away ... and I am glad I didn't it was the most exciting come back I have seen in a long time... hated the limp Giants Saints Matchup... but kep flicking between TV and PS2 with madden 2006 to keep me going ...

Don't worry mate, remember we get all the playoff games live over here! ;)
Playoff games?? You're quite an optimist, aren't you?

For the regular season... Is there no satellite TV over there? I also am deprived of most Redskins games on TV. I could get DirecTV satellitle service at home, but I prefer to go to a local sports bar and watch the game (on their dish) with other Skins fans. I'm sure the time difference makes it trickier in Europe, but is that not an option for you?

And to smsmith40: That is what VCRs are for...

That, and when you have to :toilet:!!

Ah man! I am so pissed off and yet so happy! I set my Sky+ (like Tivo) for the game last night as it was on from 2am till 5.30am in the UK. So I come down in the morning to watch it and the recording has failed! I was so upset! All because Sky sent some stupid software update in the middle of the night which changed my background screen a lighter shade of blue! I hate them!!!!! So I then put on Text and check the score and jump off my seat to find out we won and made a late great comeback. Watched some highlights on nfl.com but nothing can compare to how amazing it would have been for me to watch it without knowing what was about to happen! Damn you Sky - thank you Skins! :dallasuck

Archived