Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Corey Simon De-Franchised,now a free agent

chow184

the Eagles freed him up during a period when teams around the NFL generally don't have any cap room to acquire such a player, they are not stupid. They realize they need Simon to play this year at the franchise tender for the defense to be solid inside.

I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Of course, he'll cost more than we can afford right now. Still, given his age and past performance, Williams is a guy who could really provide some motivation to Simon and make him something special. Not that Johnson isn't that type of coach, but, sometimes a tone deafness can develop to some degree and the fit just doesn't work out.

Simon, though, would play the same role as Griffin and therefore is not a great fit for us. This does strike me as a pretty cheap move by the Eagles, and, if done by the Redskins, would be evil Danny Snyder screwing over a player :).

Of course, he'll cost more than we can afford right now. Still, given his age and past performance, Williams is a guy who could really provide some motivation to Simon and make him something special. Not that Johnson isn't that type of coach, but, sometimes a tone deafness can develop to some degree and the fit just doesn't work out.

Simon, though, would play the same role as Griffin and therefore is not a great fit for us. This does strike me as a pretty cheap move by the Eagles, and, if done by the Redskins, would be evil Danny Snyder screwing over a player :).

Not really cheap but smart. Corey didn't sign the tag and didn't report to camp why pay somebody 5.1mill or whatever it was when he most likely will come in out of shape and half the player he was 2 years ago.

What do you think would be a "good" price for him?

true,he does play the same role,but I would say Griffin was attracting more double teams than whatever nose tackle we had playing(Noble&'Salvea).I would think Griffin could probably handle the roll as NT .(NT's line up over the guard and center in the 4-3, for the uninformed)

Offer Vet minimum with incentives and a option for future long-term contract.

Somebody will pick him up......don't worry about that.

Of course thats a good price.

But Im saying if Washington goes after him, what would be a contract youd be ok with.

Be reasonable.

How is it a cheap move? He wanted way too much money (as far as a long term deal goes) for a guy who hadn't played well the past two years. He then wouldn't sign the tender. He couldn't agree to terms with either Baltimore or Cincy when the Eagles had agreed to trade him. Why pay someone $5.1 to come to camp a week before opening day, fat and out of shape?

How is it a cheap move? He wanted way too much money (as far as a long term deal goes) for a guy who hadn't played well the past two years. He then wouldn't sign the tender. He couldn't agree to terms with either Baltimore or Cincy when the Eagles had agreed to trade him. Why pay someone $5.1 to come to camp a week before opening day, fat and out of shape?

exactly what I said but couldn't get the words right :laugh:

Archived