Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What? NO HERZOG?!

I was shocked to hear a few days ago that Frank Herzog was let go by both WJFK and WUSA. Why are you going to let a man like that go, after years of covering the Redskins (and very well, might I add)? I mean, the man is the voice of the 'Skins. Could someone please tell me what happened?

I almost cried knowing I wouldn't hear "Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!" ever again. I still love listening to his montages on those Year in Review NFL Films from our glory days. I now am less likely to mute the TV and turn on the Radio during games , although there are still a few announcers that scorn my soul the way Randy Cross used to...I hate that guy

Originally posted by Dexter's Better

Frank could barely see the field and never got the players numbers correct. It should have happened before it did.

He made a few errors, but not as many as you suggest, and that was part of his charm. I'd take him back in a second over corporate yes man Larry Michaels.

Originally posted by arenasisgod

It's mostly the voice, that gets you up

It's mostly the voice that gets you buck

some announcers have talent, some have skill

but it their voice aint dope, they need ta

CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLL

All jokes aside man. Can you please, get rid of that sig pic?:puke:

Originally posted by Cannon2

I almost cried knowing I wouldn't hear "Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!" ever again. I still love listening to his montages on those Year in Review NFL Films from our glory days. I now am less likely to mute the TV and turn on the Radio during games , although there are still a few announcers that scorn my soul the way Randy Cross used to...I hate that guy

I hear ya!, Randy Cross makes my skin crawl !!!!!!!!!!

:puke:

Originally posted by Dexter's Better

Frank could barely see the field and never got the players numbers correct. It should have happened before it did.

I listened to Michaels this past season while watching the games. He made at least as many mistakes as Herzog and he could supposedly see the field. He just doesn't have the voice or passion. I couldn't stand him.

Originally posted by gonatsskinswiz91

I was shocked to hear a few days ago that Frank Herzog was let go by both WJFK and WUSA. Why are you going to let a man like that go, after years of covering the Redskins (and very well, might I add)? I mean, the man is the voice of the 'Skins. Could someone please tell me what happened?

:doh:

Frank Herzog was the Scoopless Wonder (towards the end, anyway). He made far too many mistakes for both CBS & WJFK (which I believe are one in the same?) to tolerate & the network was starting to lose their ratings. Frankly, I was getting rather tired of his scooplessness & his inability to scoop any other sport (like hockey, for instance). He would completely miss the fact that the Caps had played a game & would not say one word about it in his segment of the news. He would talk about tennis (tennis?), but not the Caps. Even in the Playoffs, he was consistently screwing it up. He once said that Ottawa had defeated the Senators 4-3. :doh: He did that while missing the Caps game altogether. That's unacceptable as a sportscaster. It's one thing to make mistakes, it's another thing entirely to forget that the areas sports franchises OTHER than the Redskins also need some airtime.

I'm so glad he's gone!

Originally posted by Cannon2

I forgot about Randy Cross. What a tool he was. :doh: Although, I would have to say that the worst was Jerry Glanville. He hated the Redskins & was so spastic. :puke:

Archived