Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are we playing the Bears again this year?

Khun Kao

I'm confused....

I *thought* the new NFL schedule (implemented a season or two ago, maybe longer) was designed so that a team would play every team outside of its division at least once if a 4 year span.

That's all well and good, I think its a great idea. So why the **** are we playing an NFC North team 2 years running? Shouldn't we be playing against another NFC division this year?

I'm confused....

:confused:

Luck of the draw? Can't answer the question and besides a ? at first, not really concerned about it. Now, it the team was playing against Ne England or Indianapolis year in year out, I'd possibly have an issue. :)

NFC East is playing versus the NFC West and AFC West this year. Along with games in the division that accounts for 14 of 16 games. Each team also plays one game against the NFC South and NFC North based on the standings. Eagles play the #1 teams in NFC North and NFC South. Giants play the #2 teams, Cowboys the #3 teams and the Redskins play the #4 teams (Chicago and Tampa Bay).

I believe we play our division twice (6 games), then a rotating division (2-3 games - rival depends on our finishing record), and then the rest of the games are chosen based on our finishing standings and can be from outside of the division we are playing this year . That way, the weaker teams are suppossed to have a softer schedule.

In these 2 games "parity" games, Eagles play Green Bay, @Atlanta. Giants play Minnesota, @New Orleans. Cowboys play Detroit, @Carolina. Redskns play Chicago, @Tampa Bay.

Originally posted by rtc

NFC East is playing versus the NFC West and AFC West this year. Along with games in the division that accounts for 14 of 16 games. Each team also plays one game against the NFC South and NFC North based on the standings. Eagles play the #1 teams in NFC North and NFC South. Giants play the #2 teams, Cowboys the #3 teams and the Redskins play the #4 teams (Chicago and Tampa Bay).

Makes sence...Thanks for adding some clarity...

Archived