Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hypothetical - Marino vs. Darrell Green

Mania

What would you like to learn about first?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to learn about first?

• Offense
    • Defense
    • Special Teams
    • Coaching

I'm sticking with Green, too many variables like how would of Marino done in our division with all the NASTY D's durin the 80's.

Hell Lt might have broken dan's leg his rookie season. i've just enjoyed watching Darrell too much to even consider that.

Originally posted by ryerye05

which pick was marino and which pick was green in that draft?

Marino was 27

Green was 28

The reason they would have drafted Green anyway was they had a shot at Boomer Esiason the next year but didn't pick him either and instead drafted Shroeder in the 3rd. If they were really wanting a QB they would have gone after one. Between 82 and 84 they drafted a 13th rounder, a 5th rounder and a 3rd rounder. Not exactly an indication that they were looking for a new starting QB in 83.

Also nobody knew that Theismann was going to be done 2 1/2 years later. Wasn't he the MVP in 83?

Originally posted by SkinsFTW

Marino was 27

Green was 28

Also nobody knew that Theismann was going to be done 2 1/2 years later. Wasn't he the MVP in 83?

NOPE !! DIESEL was MVP in 83

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.” It was a handoff to John Riggins, the Redskins' 6-2, 240-pound running back. Riggins headed for a huge hole on the left side created by H-back Otis Wonsley and two of the celebrated Hogs, 300-pound tackle Joe Jacoby and 275-pound guard Russ Grimm.

Only Dolphins' cornerback Don McNeal stood in Riggins' way. The 5-11, 185-pound McNeal hit Riggins on the side, but “the Diesel” unceremoniously shook off McNeal and steamrolled into the Southern California sunset for a touchdown and a 20-17 lead in the fourth quarter.

Mannnn those were the days:D

Archived