Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Troutman Cut

jimster

I searched and didn't see this posted yet

Pitt's Troutman Cut by Redskins

Apr 29, 10:18 PM (ET) Email this Story

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) - The Washington Redskins cut Chevon Troutman on Friday, ending the University of Pittsburgh forward's bid to become an NFL tight end.

The 6-foot-6, 240-pound Troutman, who just completed a stellar career at Pittsburgh, was one of eight players let go by Washington on the first day of minicamp.

"I'm testing this to see what I want to do, the hardest part: getting all the information and learning it and getting what everything means," Troutman said. "At first it looked like Spanish."

Troutman has said he would prefer to play in the NBA and still hopes to be invited to the league's pre-draft camp in Chicago in June.

"His coaches say he was a tough guy," Redskins coach Joe Gibbs said. "He has the height and the size. We thought we'd bring him in and see what happens."

http://sports.iwon.com/news/04292005/v0471.html

I thinkn he was released more for his lack of passion to play football. Every quote I read from him has a certain level of uncertainty about whether he even wants to to play football. Gibbs isn't going to employ players that are unsure whether they really want to play the game.

Archived