Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT- Who should the Wizards draft?

Well its that time of year again and the wizards have the 11th pick in the draft and 2 in the second round. What should the wizards do?

As for me ......I think they should trade with the clippers but only if the clippers with their 8th pick can get Dajuan Wagner. I'm sure the clippers would take the 11th pick and one of the second rounders. or perhaps we could trade them jahidi and a second rounder for their pick. I'd like to see them draft juan dixon because he is great player with lots of heart as well as a fast defensive stopper.

Mock Draft has Wagner, the scrub from Indiana and T Prince falling to us.

I say trade the pick and one of the point guards to Cleveland for Andre Miller unless we can steal Bibby or J Kidd.

But I see both in the West by next season.

Dajuan Wagner is an amazing scorer in the mold of Iverson and when he puts his mind to it he can be a pretty good defender as well.

However as intruiging a prospect he is he simply doesn't fit in with the Wizards needs. I would love for Washington to make a strong push to draft the Juco prospect Qyntel Woods.

He's a diamond in the rough and could definetely be the steal of the draft.

I would like Caron Butler but I may be over rating him because of how he played against the Terps that one game.

I would also hope for Chris Wilcox but don't think we will be able to reach him either.

As for Andre Miller, I love him but I think it may take more than one number 1 to pry him from Cleveland. Also Bibby and Kidd aint going no where.

No Dukies please!

I think SF Jared Jeffries would be the best pickup for the wizards with the 11th pick. He put on some weight and has muscle tone since college. Amare Stoudimire should also be availiable, but you don't need him because you already have Brown at PF. Curtis Borchardt the Center from Stanford would also be good if availiable.

If i can find a recent picture of Jeffries i'll post it.

I hope qyntel woods falls down to the 11th spot. I know alot of people will be against this but i really like the highschool kid stoudimare. I have seen him a couple of times, I love his attitude one the floor, he isnt scared of anybody. I would love to have wagner but no way he falls past the knicks

The last thing we need is power forwards.

We have two young kids (Kwame) and another year from popeye to further their schooling.

We need to cut bait with Laetner.

MJ will probably be the sixth man this year which will help the development of C Alexander if we dont draft a small forward and Jefferies will still invoke images of a soft invisble player who is best suited for the west conference.

Trading the pick and lue for example for Miller would be the best move because it gives us size and defense at the spot

If we hadn't taken the 'high school gamble' last year, I'd be inclined to look at Amare Stoutmire.

I guess the guy from Brazil would be immediate help. Being a Memphis grad, I saw Dajuan Wagner play probably 18 games last year. He's as selfish a player as Iverson. Great talent, but don't expect any team orientation whatever. He and Jordan would not co-exist.

Of all the scenarios, I like trading for Andre Miller the best. Getting rid of Christian Laettner always appeals.

We have two second round picks - I'd really like to see us look at Kelly Wise, 6' 11" forward out of Memphis. DaJuan Wagner's presence cut his scoring chances in half, but he's really got pro talent.

If Steve Logan of Cincinnati drops out of the first round due to his height, (6'0" on a tall day), I'd sure use a second rounder on him.

The UCLA center, Dan Gadzurik was a beast in high school. Why hasn't he developed?

On Sportscall 980 last night they were asking people to call in and say who the Wizards should draft. After a bunch of peeps called in with various answers. Steve Czaben said "After the 1st 10 picks, you aren't really fighting for a guy anymore.....they should just draft Juan Dixon....he's a winner flat out"

I agree that he's a winner but I wouldn't mind trading down for a pick next year and then get Dixon!

Archived