Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

are we better on offense ??????????

bsmsss

i wonder what everyone else thinks--i really dont think we are greatly improved on offense

moss,patten,rabich and jansen are the only new additions to a horrible offense last yr

are those 4 enough to improve our o to a 21 pt o every week

i dont think so

thats what worries me

You might want to look beyond the players picked up and those returning in order to draw a fair answer. Remember what Jansen said during the draft. Coach has made adjustments to the offense, ( though he did say having Moss on the team gives them speed to stretch the field).

If you can punch it in from 2nd, 3rd and goal on the one with one of the big backs we drafted, or pick up a first down when it's 3rd and 1, with these backs, then I say yes, we are better on offense. Plus, Moss' receptions mostly went for first downs.

I think we have improved.

QB - Ramsey will hopefully benefit from anotehr year of experience. If anything, the addition of Campbell should give us at least a slight boost at this position.

RB - Portis has another year learning to run in Gibbs' offense. The two fullbacks we drafted should help in short yardage situations.

WR - I think we broke even here. Moss and Patten about equals Coles. I think Jacobs and McCants will be improved. Hopefully Gardner can pull it together and be a solid possesion receiver at least.

OL - This is where the majority of the improvement lies. Rabach will help anchor the line. Jansen's return is the biggest difference between this year's team and last year's.

As always the effectiveness of the offense will rely on the O line. If we can have better O line play we will score a hell of a lot more points, especially in the red zone.

I think the O line will be good this year, we get Jansen back and we have a new and improved center. Dockery will also have another year under his belt so that guard position should be better too.

QB- Improved. Ramsey >>>>>>>>> Brunell, then again Anyone >>>> Brunell.

RB- Same.

WR- Gotten worse. Coles/Gardner > Moss/Patten

TE/H-Back- Improved. Cooley and Royal should be better

OL- IMPROVED. Jansen/Rabach >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Raymer(Friedman)/Brown

Overall, yes we have improved on offense, but that doesn't say much considering how bad we were last season...

So far we've lost ONE player from last year's offense since Gardner may well still be in the balance here. We've essentially added Jansen and Rabach, moving two starters into reserve, and Patten to increase the options at receiver. Now, if Gardner goes or not I can't know, but, I'd say to this point we essentially swapped Moss for Coles and kept everyone else, added a couple of guys -- one through injury and the others through free agency and the draft.

I'd say that's improved from a depth, talent and knowledge standpoint at this point. Whether it'll make a difference or not I don't know.

Originally posted by Grumpy Vet

If by better you mean worse....then I say a resounding Yes.

If by better you mean better.....then I say that I don't believe so.

how is it possible to be worse. We get Jansen back, Rabach is huge. People are getting to understand the offense better. Chemistry is growing.

Originally posted by skin_finatic

how is it possible to be worse. We get Jansen back, Rabach is huge. People are getting to understand the offense better. Chemistry is growing.

I'll defend my opinion just a bit and then I'm heading to bed.....been a long couple days....so if you post something directed at my reply and I don't respond it means I hate you.

How is it possible to be worse?

QB is a push - Campbell might as well be a Vampire and should look into getting sunscreen cuz he won't see daylight til 2006

RB is a push - sure we picked up all the 2nd day FBs we could find....

OL is slightly improved - but we have Raybach and Jansen is back....Jansen was back last year too.....we are one play away from Chris Samuel's eye popping out of his head or Raybach having a severe hemmorhoid case to being back in the same spot....OL is not that much better. We are about the same as we were last offseason......Depth? Nope.

HB is a push - Luv Ya Cooley.....

TE is a push - who are they? Blocking 101?

WR is much more worserer - Mini Moss can't make workouts, Gardner is in limbo, Patten is a solid 2/3, Coles is down the road, Jacobs is a possibility, Thrash (whom I love) works in a pinch, Darknarian Federov is so focused on singing he has lost touch w/ football, Scott is too pretty to play football......Not a real force to be reckoned w/ if you ask me.

Sure we want to be a control the clock and run the football kind of team but....at some point we will have to throw to someone.....

....anyone.....anyone......

Receiving Statistics

NAME -------------REC YDS AVG LNG TD

Laveranues Coles 90 950 10.6 45 1

Rod Gardner -------51 650 12.7 51 5

Nope not you two that led the team last year.....we'll replace you two w/ lesser players and not add anybody else.....

....I'm a broken record......

Originally posted by PennState11

Grumpy vet, that is one of the dummest posts ive ever read....can we please add something important to this thread.

Yes we are better, but the question is, Will it make a difference?

While we may have dissenting opinions.....I think I contribute around here to some small extent and have added to this thread and others.

Forgive me if I did not contribute something as profound as:

If we dont make the playoffs, another wasted season....

I must be one of the DUMBEST people to ever grace this board.

Well, if all depends on Ramsey. If he progresses into the QB a lot of us think he can be, then the offense got better, but if he stays the same or regresses, then the answer is no. A lot of Ramsey's success also depends on the offensive line. Of course it's April 24, those who make definitive comments about the season really have their heads up where the sun doesn't shine because last year a lot of us thought the offense was great and the defense would struggle on this date. That didn't happen!

Archived