Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN NFL Insider: Rumor Central 4/18

jjcskins

FWIW didn't see this posted:

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/rumorcentral?sport=nfldraft

WHO WHAT THE SKINNY

Trade Apr. 18 - Joe Gibbs would like to add another threat on offense. Troy Williamson of South Carolina would be a nice fit with the No. 9 pick, but Gibbs is also concerned about keeping defensive coordinator Gregg Williams equipped. Remember, the Redskins lost cornerback Fred Smoot and middle linebacker Antonio Pierce.

One option being proposed by the Raiders is gaining some interest, according to John Clayton. The Raiders are willing to trade cornerback Phillip Buchanon, an former first-round choice. Buchanon would cost a draft choice and maybe a player, but that trade would give the Redskins the flexibility to take an offensive player at No. 9 or trade down a little in the first round and get an offensive player.

Edited to add link.............

Originally posted by Oldskool

Id give them Gardner and a 3rd round player and maybe a pick next year for Buchannon. That way we arent forced to take Rolle/Jones/Rogers.

Oakhood is pretty well-loaded at WR, though, aren't they... ?

Nick

I would love to get Buchanon but only at the right price. Gardner and our 3rd would be max value that I would pay. I still like Clement better.

With a trade like that, we could focus on other needs: a pass rushing DE, a young middle linebacker, two young OL, and a TE. I would probably pick Merriman with our #9 pick if that trade could happen.

Id give them Gardner and a 3rd round player and maybe a pick next year for Buchannon. That way we arent forced to take Rolle/Jones/Rogers.

Thought you weren't interested in acquiring another player from the "U"

Originally posted by FLSKINSFAN

It would definitely give us more options at #9, but I haven't seen Phillip Buchanon play since he was drafted by the Raiders. I'm not sure what would be good value for him, and how good he actually is.

From what I've seen he's not very good. I think he has the tools to be a good player but everyone in the NFL has talent. In my opinion, he is more suited as a nickle back

I talked about the same thing in an earlier post about Williamson and how explosive our offense would be with him. He also could serve as an insurance policy for Santana Moss. I say get Buch. for 4th rounder and the 9 pick trade with Texans 1st & 2nd pick up Williamson. Mel Kiper(very reliable source) also said he was 90% sure the Skins would trade down. He said we need picks.

Wow i wouldnt get your hopes about about that one. there pretty much wrapped up on the offensive side. They did pick up some guy named randy moss. hello:laugh:

Forget Buchanon. Enough with the jacklegs from Miami. There's probably good reason the Raiders want to dump him. Heck, why would we want a guy that the Raiders don't care to put up with anymore? Aren't they the team that tolerates an unlimited amount of BS so long as the dude can play? The only explanation is that (1) he's a total nutbag, or (2) he can't play the radio. In either case, NO THANKS.

Gotta trade down. The players projected to go in the late teens/early 20's of Round One don't look much different than those available at #9. Get some extra picks, use them wisely, and for the love of the Almighty, forget about drafting any more Miami Turdicanes (ever).

Archived