Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

drafting players from da "U"

Rock 56

yeah, i think right now we need some hard nosed players thats willing to prove they belong in the league.. we need more players to play almost looking over thier shoulder figuring that if they don't produce that their job may be gone.. i'm actually tired of these arrogant "U" guys that think they are the salt of the freakin' earth.. i'd rather have a "lunch pail" guy any day.

Originally posted by authentic

yeah, i think right now we need some hard nosed players thats willing to prove they belong in the league.. we need more players to play almost looking over thier shoulder figuring that if they don't produce that their job may be gone.. i'm actually tired of these arrogant "U" guys that think they are the salt of the freakin' earth.. i'd rather have a "lunch pail" guy any day.

I'm not a redskins fan, i am a UM fan that started browsing this site when you got Portis. When you got Taylor i started visiting more often.

I've noticed that the majority of people on here turn on these players at the drop of a hat.

There are over 40 former Canes in the NFL, some have a few screws loose but the majority are team first, do anything it takes to win guys. Way to through everyone under the bus because 2 players are'nt attending "voluntary" workouts.

Good thing Portis is around for these workouts or his head would be on the pike along with everyone else that does'nt do what some of you would like.

we've had a similar thread to this, but yeh, I am tired of Miami guys as well, most are huge headcases and some are even overhyped. The difference between drafting Rolle and Rogers seems that Rolle will be expecting money, and expects an easy transition. Though we havent heard much of Rogers, thats what leads me to believe he is more willing to push for his role.

Originally posted by Rock 56

I don`t think we`ll be drafting anymore players from the canes anytime soon.rolle will not be wearing b&g this year and neither will everett.why do we always have these problems year after year.

I was actually kinda thinking the same thing the other day about how we should not draft Rolle, since he is another "da U" player........

Man, I need the draft

:laugh:

Originally posted by skinsfan51

Draft 'em from FSU. They play good (unlike the Gators) and they are team players (unlike some Miami guys). Go 'Noles!

As an FSU alum (so I am clearly not biased), I can attest to this. Coles doesn't count by the way. He was kicked off that team just like he was booted from this one.

Originally posted by bigcak118

I'm not a redskins fan, i am a UM fan that started browsing this site when you got Portis. When you got Taylor i started visiting more often.

I've noticed that the majority of people on here turn on these players at the drop of a hat.

There are over 40 former Canes in the NFL, some have a few screws loose but the majority are team first, do anything it takes to win guys. Way to through everyone under the bus because 2 players are'nt attending "voluntary" workouts.

Good thing Portis is around for these workouts or his head would be on the pike along with everyone else that does'nt do what some of you would like.

I agree with the 'Cane fan. I would also agree that Miami players have a different attitude on and off the field. And with that said, I'll take the bad with the good, as long as it isn't too bad.

Originally posted by bigcak118

In my opinion and you may regard this as a little harsh.. But we are Redskins fans, and a lot of us have been for over 20 years ok.. So you coming in spouting off about a team you probably know little about outside of Taylor and Portis, let alone the great history of the Redskins, puts me off a little.

True Redskins fans can be harsh.. But we are also THE most loyal fans in the league when it comes to players we like.. For instance..

James Thrash.. Hard worker, loves the game, gets in ZERO trouble.

Patrick Ramsey.. Hard worker, loves the game, gets in ZERO trouble.

Jon Jansen.. Hard worker, loves the game gets in ZERO trouble..

These guys most every Redskins fan loves to death. Now for the bad list

Sean Taylor, off field issues, no respect for his coach.. Has a me attitude(See contract talks).

Lavar Arrington.. Whines, blames his decisions and problems on others. A liar. Dunno what happened with this guy, his first few years is SKINS SKINS SKINS!, in has last 2 or 3 years it's WHINE WHINE WHINE SKINS WHINE.

To look at our past which I won't even bother to educate you on. We have a long tradition for having good solid hard working respectable players. When guys come in Like Sean Taylor and behave the way he has thus far, people get a little pissed.. See the Washington Redskins is OUR team and we're extremely protective of it. Some guy like Taylor comes in and craps on Joe Gibb's desk well he won't be well liked around here.. By crapped I mean not returning any calls.

So some advice.. Learn a bit more about the subject you wish to discuss before you babble on about it. Otherwise you just make yourself look like a :jerkoff:

I think it would be a mistake to overgeneralize about players from a particular college, and draft based on that. That would be a huge mistake.

I'd be curious to see a breakdown of ex-Canes who choose to workout in the offseason in Miami or with their NFL teams. I understand there is a tradition of Miami players returning their to work out that has developed. But I also feel there is plenty of room to maintain that tradition and still be at their NFL teams' offseason program. Where are their priorities?

Archived