Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here's the list: Why you should forget everyone else and chant "Draft Matt Jones"

higgybaby

I think Matt Jones will be an effective player if used correctly, he will need to be put in positions to make plays(ie: lined up against nicklebacks or safties/LB's or on fades in RZ)...

I agree w/Westbrook( :doh: ) that Jones is good in a straight line but he lacks the lateral quickness and elusiveness at this point to be a top WR...

That being said he will more than likely be a mid 1st to a high 2nd round pick...

Originally posted by bubba9497

:rolleyes: he has been projected a 3rd rounder since the college season ended. Wiggle in his hips....:doh: The guy has moves and speed of a Randel El at the size of Harold Carmichael. He is smart, competitive, and a multiple threat. Many former QB's have made an easy transistion to other posititions. He has soft hands, like many other former basketball stars.....Gates, Curry, Pollard..etc.

Even though Curry and Jones are quite different in physical skills, that's a good comparison. Both played QB in college and both played basketball. Both should make good WRs in the NFL.

Drew Bennett is also a good comparison, I believe he played QB for Ucla ? and then made the transition to WR for the pros.

Originally posted by Park City Skins

No. It passed you right by. And no surprise that as always you're backtracking to try and get out of it. How wonderfully predictable. " Oh I knew that." :rolleyes: And here's the thing, you're still guilty of that which you criticize.

Yes, of course it passed me right by. I forgot you went to mind-reading school since you have made a habit of identifying exactly what I was thinking when I write my responses.

Like yesterday when I wrote that FM called McNabb a "MF'er" and you came in and said he didn't say it as serious as I suggested even though I only wrote: "He called Donovan McNabb a MF'er :doh:"

Originally posted by Oldskool

he's a QB. We dont need a QB.

He's said that he wont play TE in NFL.

He never played WR in college.

Pass.

why would you anyone want to pigeon hole him at TE? and he never said he wouldn't play TE but question why would you want him to gain 20 lbs.. slowing him down, make him learn to line block, when he has the size, speed, vertical jump, reach... against 5ft 10in, cb... that would be an awesome advantage.

and yes he did line up some at wr.

:rolleyes: he has been projected a 3rd rounder since the college season ended. Wiggle in his hips....:doh: The guy has moves and speed of a Randel El at the size of Harold Carmichael. He is smart, competitive, and a multiple threat. Many former QB's have made an easy transistion to other posititions. He has soft hands, like many other former basketball stars.....Gates, Curry, Pollard..etc.

Bubba, if he played like a 4.37 guy, why was it SUCH HUGE NEWS when he ran the number? He was projected to be a 4.65 guy based off of what scouts estimated after watching him play.

Then he runs a 4.37 and everyone collectively gasps. My thing is, if he was so elusive and had the lateral ability of a sub 4.4 guy, why the surprise? Noone had any surprise when Vick ran his ridiculous number.....because he looks like that guy during game film.

I'm sorry, but he runs the same 40 as Vick just about but watch them both in the open field and it's night and day. Now, in a straight line, maybe it's a footrace.......but in the open field, forget it.

Originally posted by Westbrook36

Bubba, if he played like a 4.37 guy, why was it SUCH HUGE NEWS when he ran the number? He was projected to be a 4.65 guy based off of what scouts estimated after watching him play.

Then he runs a 4.37 and everyone collectively gasps. My thing is, if he was so elusive and had the lateral ability of a sub 4.4 guy, why the surprise? Noone had any surprise when Vick ran his ridiculous number.....because he looks like that guy during game film.

I'm sorry, but he runs the same 40 as Vick just about but watch them both in the open field and it's night and day. Now, in a straight line, maybe it's a footrace.......but in the open field, forget it.

:laugh: as usual you miss the obvious. Vick is what 6ft? Jones 6'6" and 50lbs heavier. the bigger the guy the slower he looks... even if he can't go sideways and the guy can run, he holds the all time yardage for qb in the SEC. oh ... how any Vick's are out there? :rolleyes:

his height and reach tower against ALL NFL cb's. it is easy pitch and catch. Compared to most NFL wr he has comparable moves and better than mosts speed.

wear blinders

Let's not forget there's a bias against white guys running fast. I'll admit I'm shocked when a white guy can flat out fly. It's genetic. However, the guy played for Arkansas while Vick went to a National Championship.

Edit: ^^^Meaning that caused him not to get as much press as Vick.

:laugh: as usual you miss the obvious. Vick is what 6ft? Jones 6'6" and 50lbs heavier. the bigger the guy the slower he looks... even if he can't go sideways and the guy can run, he holds the all time yardage for qb in the SEC. oh ... how any Vick's are out there? :rolleyes:

his height and reach tower against ALL NFL cb's. it is easy pitch and catch. Compared to most NFL wr he has comparable moves and better than mosts speed.

wear blinders

If this guy was from the Big 10, you wouldn't be so biased. Can't say I'm surprised though.

If this guy was from the Big 10, you wouldn't be so biased. Can't say I'm surprised though.

:laugh: yeah that's it,....... has nothing to do with his ability

come on, can't you come up with something intelligent to defend your position? :doh:

when your losing, throw out the"your just bias, argument" :rolleyes:

I've already stated my point which you just scoffed aside. I don't know about anyone in here, but I feel draft picks are gold. Especially high ones.

Hope isn't a course of action for a franchise. I guess you can draft him high as a WR and HOPE he pans out based off of his physical abilities.....but we all know you wouldn't have years of WR play to base anything on.

I've already stated my point which you just scoffed aside.

I shot them down with facts, it's a debate

I don't know about anyone in here, but I feel draft picks are gold. Especially high ones.

gold? it's a crap shoot. that's how you have a Ryan Lief picked #2, and a Tom Brady in the 6th round.

Hope isn't a course of action for a franchise. I guess you can draft him high as a WR and HOPE he pans out based off of his physical abilities.....but we all know you wouldn't have years of WR play to base anything on.

:laugh: every team hopes there picks pan out..... even 4 year starters, all Americans, can't miss picks...... flop.

Yeah, ok, let's just roll the dice since there have been busts in the NFL draft before. Sounds like a sound plan. Let's pick the guy who has no WR experience with one of our highest draft picks.

Some NFL GM is gonna be as misguided as you though.

his abilities are more than a roll of the dice :rolleyes:

rumor has it the eagles may roll them dice

why would you anyone want to pigeon hole him at TE? and he never said he wouldn't play TE but question why would you want him to gain 20 lbs.. slowing him down, make him learn to line block, when he has the size, speed, vertical jump, reach... against 5ft 10in, cb... that would be an awesome advantage.

and yes he did line up some at wr.

1. Its not pidgeon hole when you take into account the fact that a "TE" can be anything from a monster 300lb blocker to an oversized WR like Tony Gonzalez. He wouldnt have to gain or lose any weight to be a Gonzalez-type TE.

2. So he did play a bit of WR in college, that doesnt mean that he has the fundimentals of that position even closed to being mastered. Besides Randle-El, no other former QB to WR has ever worked out to my knowledge. Remember Eric Crouch? This guy smells like a bigger version of him.

Originally posted by Oldskool

2. So he did play a bit of WR in college, that doesnt mean that he has the fundimentals of that position even closed to being mastered. Besides Randle-El, no other former QB to WR has ever worked out to my knowledge. Remember Eric Crouch? This guy smells like a bigger version of him.

the are/have been Many, Ronald Curry, Drew Bennett, Hines Ward, to name a few....several through out nfl history

Crouch didn't want to switch ;) big difference

it depends on the player

Some Notable Converted Quarterbacks

Anquan Boldin, WR Arizona Cardinals Florida St

Marlon Briscoe, WR, Buff, Denver, Miami Nebraska-Omaha

Raphel Cherry DB Washington Redskins Hawaii

Nolan Cromwell DB Los Angelas Rams Kansas

Woodrow Dantzler WR\RB\KR Dallas Cowboys Clemson

Eldridge Dickey WR Oakland Raiders Tennessee State

Tony Dungy DB Pittsburgh Steelers Minnesota

Bert Emanuel WR Atlanta Falcons Rice

Brian Mitchell RB/KR Washington Redskins Southwestern Louisiana

Drew Pearson WR Dallas Cowboys Tulsa

Antwaan Randle El WR Pittsburgh Steelers Indiana

Jimmy Raye DB Philadelphia Eagles Michigan St

Donald Sellers WR St. Louis Rams New Mexico

Freddie Solomon WR SF 49ers Tampa

Hines Ward WR Pittsburgh Steelers Georgia

Gene Washington WR SF 49ers Stanford

Some Notable Converted running back to WR

Lance Alworth

Nat Moore

BUAHHAAHAHA! How many of those guys actually played WR in college, Bubba?

You start listing guys who were QBs in high school and try to equate them to Jones. What a joke.

ALL of them were college qbs, only Boldin switched in college, Randel El and Ward played some WR in college. Briscoe switched after playing qb in the NFL a couple years

:rolleyes:

Alworth & Moore didn't play wr until the NFL

Archived