Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steel Talk

jnova

Now by no means does this mean that im jumping ship but i was just wondering. How many people think that Big Ben Rothlesbooger (i know i spelt it wrong) will be this year? I mean he doesnt have his favorite target in the O, Big Dollar Plex and im absolutly certain that wheels on the bus arnt going around as much as last year. Also i mean he could be a 1 hit wonder (Warner). makes u think eh?

:gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck :wewantd: :point2sky

It’s hard to say for sure but if I were a Steelers fan I’d be happy. He sure as hell beats Kordell and has a lot more upside than Maddox who was a nice story. Ben’s play last year was just ok if you only look at the stats, but he was a good caretaker. He should continue to get better.

He had nice talent around him as well and that more than just about anything I can think of will help a young QB develop. In the system in Pitt he should continue to do well. I doubt the loss of Plaxico will hurt his development much at all.

I dunno man, he makes perfect sense to me, just some bad grammar here and there tis all.

I hope Big Ben does well, and no, I dont like making fun of a player's name unless I hate him. Anyways, Plax did not do that great last season, just a few good games, and then unseen. Hines Ward is still there, and that guy will be Ben's favorite target. Plus I can see them finding another receiver in the draft.

Originally posted by jnova

Now by no means does this mean that im jumping ship but i was just wondering. How many people think that Big Ben Rothlesbooger (i know i spelt it wrong) will be this year? I mean he doesnt have his favorite target in the O, Big Dollar Plex and im absolutly certain that wheels on the bus arnt going around as much as last year. Also i mean he could be a 1 hit wonder (Warner). makes u think eh?

:gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck :wewantd: :point2sky

Sigh, two flamers going at it. First off, I'm not trying to flame myself, just trying to get this thread to a point where it can even begin a discussion.

jnova, You wonder what about Ben? You never stated?

Also, FLSKINS fan, it helps to use proper grammar yourself if you're going to flame someone else's spelling, punctuation, and or grammar.

correct your spelling and edit some of you're

Warner was not a one year wonder.

Duce Staley is a better and more versatile back than Bettis.

Big Ben manages a game well, and won't lose the game for you. That's all Pittsburgh needs right now, and in a few years, if he can learn to take over games, it will be a luxury.

Originally posted by FS36

Sigh, two flamers going at it. First off, I'm not trying to flame myself, just trying to get this thread to a point where it can even begin a discussion.

jnova, You wonder what about Ben? You never stated?

Also, FLSKINS fan, it helps to use proper grammar yourself if you're going to flame someone else's spelling, punctuation, and or grammar.

correct your spelling and edit some of you're

I wasn't flaming him, anybody who has read any of my post know me better than that.

If I came off as a jerk, I apologize. I just couldn't understand his post.

Originally posted by jnova

wtf are you talking about idoit i meant to spell it that way, its part of the joke.

No reason for that.. Re-read your original post.. Your second sentence made little sense..

How many people think that Big Ben Rothlesbooger (i know i spelt it wrong) will be this year?

be what? alive? (raises hand)

good? (raises hand)

you didn't complete your question.. Sure the original guy who told you to check your spelling and stuff could have shown a little more tact in correcting you but calling people names doesn't help your cause. or to further this discussion..

As for as how Big Ben will do, I'm not sure I don't follow the Steelers so I don't who they've picked up WR wise.

One Hit Wonder? Um he's still got Hines Ward a great line and two very good backs. Losing Plaxico (who was hurt for part of the season) is not that big of a deal. Randel el is taking his spot too, the people of Pittsburgh will forget all about Plaxico, Plaxico who?

One thing Roethilisberger has in his favor is his Defense. Their defense was vry strong last year (obviously) and Big Ben was not asked to win many games. They have an ideal running back situation with Staley and Bettis, and above average group of receivers, and a very good offensive line. Ben will be fine. If he marginally improves over last year, the Steelers won't win as many games, but still be a better team. They don't need Ben to be a top five QB yet, so they have the luxury of letting him develop slowly. I think Pittsburgh is set at that position for a long while.

Well, English lessons aside, I think even though worded improperly, Jnova's question was pretty obvious.

How will the Steelers look next year?

I think Roethlisburger will be fine, I think he showed the poise of a man beyond his experience last year, and was not carried along by the team.. meaning I felt he was a piece of their success on his own merit. He makes good decisions, has outstanding pocket presence, and seems to be able to make all the throws. Pressure doesn't bother him, and neither does the clock.

Missing Burress may be a little factor, I'd hold off on that until I see who they plan to replace him with. Ward definitely gives him a go-to guy who is utterly reliable, and as we all saw in the game vs the Redskins last year, he knows how to find and utilize Randel El out of the slot.

As to Bettis, I haven't heard him mentioning his retiring, so I'll assume he is playing, and considering that most folks incorrectly thought he was washed up last year, I think the old man has some left in the tank. If Staley can stay healthy so they don't have to ask too much of him, then I think the run game will be just as formidable.

Couple that with a traditionally weak division, and I think Pittsburgh should remain among the AFC powers.

~Bang

I agree, in that everyone could clearly see poise and confidence in Ben that is rarely seen in rookie QB's. I think he's the real deal, and will continue to develop into a perennial probowl contender. However, he is still human, and showed during the AFC title game. Just for refreshment purposes, his numbers that day were,

181 passing yards at a 56.7% completion rate

1 TD 2 INT's

QB rating: 57.8

So, he's got tons of potential, but is not the refined consistent clutch leader that someone like Brady is.

Speaking of Brady, I was just going thru that guy's career numbers, and D@MN!!!

Here's what he did against the Steelers in the SB.

207 Passing Yds. 66.7 completion rate

2 TD's 0 INT's

QB rating: 130.5

Here are his career regular season stats:

Stats: G | GS| Att|Comp| Pct | Yards | TD | INT| Rating

2000: did not start, was under Bledsoso

2001: 15|14 |413|264 |63.9| 2843 | 18 | 12 |86.5

2002: 16|16 |601|373 |62.1| 3764 | 28 | 14 |85.7

2003: 16|16 |527|317 |60.2| 3620 | 23 | 12 |85.9

2004: 16|16 |474|288 |60.8| 3692 | 28 | 14 |92.6

Now, if only Ramsey could progress in such a manner, we'd be golden.

EDIT: whoops, forgot tds and ints. duh.

Archived