Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith vs. Aaron Rodgers

stoney26

I personally like Rodgers. His mechanics are flawless and he is as accurate as they come. Who would you take if you were to pick one are #9?:wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd:

IF one of those QBs did fall to us, I think we would find a lot of interest in trading up from other teams. Neither of these guys strikes me as the next Peyton Manning, so I would just as soon trade down. It would be a good situation for us if it happened.

While I dont think there is a chance of us drafting a QB either way, but If either were there, I'd take one if I was Gibbs, and I guess I'd prefer Aaron over Alex, but either would be a good pick at 9 because they are the "franchise qbs" of this draft. Qb is really the position that is keeping us down, with all the damn talent we have on this team if we just had a QB that was a drew brees type last year we win the superbowl.

With Edwards possibly going to SanFran there is a good chance that one of the two may be available at 9. We could then be able to trade for a lower first round and a second round pick.

I am not comfortable with our situation at QB. Ramsey has shown good signs, and a lot of bad signs. I'm hoping he can be coached up, and be the player we all want him to be. Brunell was a disaster, I still want to hope he is a better player than what we saw, but he is not a starting QB right now. A third legit QB in training couldn't hurt. Look at what Rivers did for Brees!

Originally posted by spm

IF one of those QBs did fall to us, I think we would find a lot of interest in trading up from other teams. Neither of these guys strikes me as the next Peyton Manning, so I would just as soon trade down. It would be a good situation for us if it happened.

First, a bit of disclosure: I graduated from Cal many years ago.

Now, Rodgers is not your typical QB. This guy is extremely accurate with a very, very big arm. My regret is that he'll end up with the 49ers behind a weak OL. Kyle Boller went to Cal, too and had only one good year after Thedford got there. Rodgers was a JC transfer who sparkled instantly. I think this guy is a warrior with a bunch of good intangibles.

But then again, I'm biased.

If one of them is there -- and if San Fran takes Edwards one just might be, I would not be surprised if the Skins take Smith or Rodgers. There's just something about Ramsey -- his lack of football instincts perhaps? -- that Gibbs seems to be a little wary of. I have no proof of this of course, but one thing is sure: if we do take Rodgers or Smith, well all hell is going to break loose on this board because it will be a pretty harsh statement on what Gibbs thinks of Ramsey.

Cornerback I say. I mean, spare us all the drama.

Archived