Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patten or No Patten

jnova

The guys that gibbs is bringing in this year all have played Special Teams....for the past 10 years our special teams have suck donkey b*alls....and I think Gibbs realized that in order for the whole recent tradition of losing to be broken he needs to beef up special teams because good special teams can win you games and we haven't had that in a long time. With great special teams and a great defense the offense will come into its own.......Each year Gibbs will be putting more of the offense into place and soon it will blossom....but it needs to grow upon the backs of the special teams and defense.....They will both provide excellent field position for the offense to gain confidence....

Ok, who voted no?:doh:

Some of you guys really have an eye for the obvious:laugh:

let's see, a guy that DOESN'T complain, Team player with Super Bowl experience, doesnt drop passes, a locker room presence and came fairly inexpensive??

Let me get this straight... someone thinks this was a bad move?

jnova, your representaion and opinion of our front office is just, well, wrong:)

:doh::doh:

MOST RETARDED THREAD EVERY CREATED...

NO POINT, MAKES NO SENSE

patten is not "OLD" he is a solid veteran with experience.

WR's dont get old as fast as you think. He still has blazing sspeed. Our other wideouts moss and jacobs is young. You cant have 4 young starting recievers. You need someone to rely on.

Originally posted by Ernie5

I know not to trust anyone who spells like this guy. Aside from that, Patten's not an old guy. He's a veteran with speed, experience & brains. Signing him doesn't preclude us developing anyone. Football is too complicated for some people, I guess.

What he said. Some people seem to not be capable of distinguishing Madden2k5 from the real thing. There's a lot of politcs involved, and how these matters are handled really influences how players act on the field and in the locker room. Those are real people on the team, and in order for some of the younger guys to develop and step it up, sometimes they need more than practices and coaches. Sometimes they need someone who's been there, and done that, with a great attitude to show them the way. That's what Patten is; he's also still a pretty d@mn good receiver with great hands and speed.

The whole Smoot and AP issue touchy. I'm sure Gibbs tried everything to keep them both, EXCEPT give them what he felt they did not deserve. Sure in Madden you can pay one guy a ton and give one guy who doesn't play at the same level more and not suffer any reprecussions, but you can't do that in reality. Pay Smoot more than Springs, then Springs will feel he deserves more, then everyone on the team is asking for a raise. You have to pay people at the level they play. So, Smoot and AP were offerred what Gibbs and the FO felt they deserved, and when they didn't accept, they were let go; and I'm sure Gibbs, Williams and the FO feel they can get along fine without them.

Now this sums up my thesis on about 500 previous threads about this issue, and this horse is officially dead and McD's hamburger meat.

I agree with many thoughts on this thread. Patten was a good move: A character, "Gibbs" guy with good hands and speed. And a reasonable price - what more do you want?

Let's see....LC or Patten - which would you choose?

Patten any day of the week.

Originally posted by jnova

Honestly I dont know why were waisting money on these old players (Brunell, Patten, Smith to name a few) I mean we should be working on our draft picks not other teams crops. And Patten hes like wut 29-30 i mean the guy may be a threat but not nearly as a threat that we can work on (williams, jacobs) i mean these are some plays that Front Office really baffels me with.

geez, since when has 29 or 30 been old... i agree with Brunell and Smith but those guys where in there mid 30's by the time we got them.. Patten on the other hand, hasn't been injury prone for much of his career which adds another 5yrs. to his (football) life.. he's a hard worker and very smart.. he brings charcater and experience, i can't see how this was a bad move.

Originally posted by rdsknbill

Is this thread still going

:snore:

Exactly, what is the negative to having Patten on the team. People seem to forget that he has won 3 superbowls. Big names are not everything as we have seen the past few years. I think people wish we got Plaxico, and that is why some do not like this move....

Archived