Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patten or No Patten

jnova

Honestly I dont know why were waisting money on these old players (Brunell, Patten, Smith to name a few) I mean we should be working on our draft picks not other teams crops. And Patten hes like wut 29-30 i mean the guy may be a threat but not nearly as a threat that we can work on (williams, jacobs) i mean these are some plays that Front Office really baffels me with.

Originally posted by jnova

Honestly I dont know why were waisting money on these old players (Brunell, Patten, Smith to name a few) I mean we should be working on our draft picks not other teams crops. And Patten hes like wut 29-30 i mean the guy may be a threat but not nearly as a threat that we can work on (williams, jacobs) i mean these are some plays that Front Office really baffels me with.

You can't have an entire team made up guys under 26 years old. You need some veteran experience, and Patten certainly brings that. Why are you questioning bringing in a role player that was on a team that won 3 Super Bowls? Sounds like you just want something to ***** about to me.

WOW thats all i have to say

I think what he is trying to imply is that you keep creating new threads on old topics that have already been talked to death in about 20 other threads. :doh:

Originally posted by Sanders 83

You can't have an entire team made up guys under 26 years old. You need some veteran experience, and Patten certainly brings that. Why are you questioning bringing in a role player that was on a team that won 3 Super Bowls? Sounds like you just want something to ***** about to me.

Im not saying that we can build a team on 26 year olds all im saying is that since washington SHOULD be in a rebuilding phase considering that we lost to "core" guys in Smoot and Pierce i dont see the logic in signing old ppl that will waste the cap space

Im not saying that we can build a team on 26 year olds all im saying is that since washington SHOULD be in a rebuilding phase considering that we lost to "core" guys in Smoot and Pierce i dont see the logic in signing old ppl that will waste the cap space

LOL... This isn't just some random old guy that is wasting cap space. He is a true deep threat, and in case you didn't notice we had some problems with that last year. He is a guy that can step in right away and contribute.

I guess you would rather have someone like Rod Gardner who can be a bad influence on our younger players and only show up to half of the games.

Patten is going to give 110% every play, he's not going to drop balls, and he's going to be a great presence in the locker room. Can you say all three things about our starting WR's last year?

Breath jnova. :rubeyes: And please. Try this.

I'm not saying that we can build a team on 26 year olds. All I am saying is that since Washington SHOULD be in a rebuilding phase, (considering that we lost two "core" guys in Smoot and Pierce), I don't see the logic in signing old ppl that will waste the cap space.

Ok. Now. As for that post. Are you trying to say, that because of the loss of Smoot and Pierce, that in your eyes the team should now be in the rebuilding phase? That the loss of 2 players, on the defense, means the coaching staff should not be looking to improve the team so that it can make a playoff run this coming season?

Originally posted by Park City Skins

Breath jnova. :rubeyes: And please. Try this.

I'm not saying that we can build a team on 26 year olds. All I am saying is that since Washington SHOULD be in a rebuilding phase, (considering that we lost two "core" guys in Smoot and Pierce), I don't see the logic in signing old ppl that will waste the cap space.

Ok. Now. As for that post. Are you trying to say, that because of the loss of Smoot and Pierce, that in your eyes the team should now be in the rebuilding phase? That the loss of 2 players, on the defense, means the team should not be looking to improve the team so that it can make a playoff run this coming season?

I think he's just an 18 year old that doesn't want a bunch of old guys on the team. His only argument against Patten is that he is too old, which is a pretty lame argument if you ask me.

i think that losing 2 major contributers on Defence that there is a major problem with this as for gardner i dont thnk that we should keep him. I heard something earlier posted about trading him and betts to arizona for boldin that would give us a very decent WR Core.

i think that losing 2 major contributers on Defence that there is a major problem with this as for gardner i dont thnk that we should keep him. I heard something earlier posted about trading him and betts to arizona for boldin that would give us a very decent WR Core.

That's funny. You believe everything you hear?

As for the 2 major contributors... would you have thought before last season that we could have Lavar and Barrow miss virtually the entire season and still have a #3 ranking? If Greg Williams were to leave, then we would have something to worry about.

Good lord man please. At least a couple of periods. A comma? An apostrphe? Please? ;)

Appreciate it Sanders but hearing it from the young man himself would be better. No misinterpretation there. Okay. So. 2 major contributors to the defense are gone and you see this as a major problem with the team. You are aware of the number of starters returning from last year?

wow i dont mean to upset you two. Maybe i dont see things the way you guys do, I loved Smoot i dont like that we lost him and i dont like the idea that were buying OLD talent (ie brunell) i mean if ur gonna agrue with me about this then argue but be fair come on.

Nobody's upset, least not me jnova. And no arguing either. Just trying to get you to clarify your position on this. Frankly, I think this is much ado about nothing and several points have been brought up that have been valid and fair. Again, as proven last year, the team can in fact survive without the presence of a couple of it's leaders or "stars". Baily being sent to Denver did not hurt the D. Why? Springs came in. Old and oft injured Springs. Just one example of several. The team need not be in the rebuilding phase simply because of the loss of 2 players on the defense. If that was the case then the Pats and other teams would be rebuilding as well. You want to see rebuilding? Head over to Tennessee.

wow i dont mean to upset you two. Maybe i dont see things the way you guys do, I loved Smoot i dont like that we lost him and i dont like the idea that were buying OLD talent (ie brunell) i mean if ur gonna agrue with me about this then argue but be fair come on.

Nobody is going to argue with you about Brunell, but Patten should not be considered OLD talent. He's so much more than that.

I loved Smoot as much as anyone, but in Williams defense no one person is more important than the next, and no person is unreplacable. You should already have enough evidence of that last year.

Archived