Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

IF we sign Brown, what do we draft

Mike williams compares to keyshawn not terrell owens.

heck our linebackers can cover mike williams

Rolle running a low 4.4 with his physical style of play would give us a secondary that can blanket the 3 WR set that practically every team will run this year and will be a great move if the iggles sign another big physical receiver like plaxico to pair with terrell

According to one source, who requested anonymity because the new deal hasn't been finalized, Moss will average more than the annual salary in Coles's original contract in Washington

Who wants to be that this "source" is Rosenhaus?.

Instead of Best Player Available, I think the strategy will be "Best Deal Available".

If Rolle or Williams are available AND there are no great trade down offers, you have to take one of them as the best player available at a position of need. If they are both available I would like to get Rolle. Springs played at a Pro Bowl level last year, but I am nervous having Harris as our #1 corner if Springs gets hurt.

Worst case is having Edwards, Williams, Rolle, and Pac-man gone at the #9 spot and getting no good trade-down offers. Then I think the Skins have to reach a little and get the best defensive lineman available, though LB D Johnson from Texas is a possibilty. I doubt we will get to the worst case because if the 4 players mentioned above are gone then one of the top RBs or QBs will be available and there will be teams that want to trade up to get them.

HELLO TO EVERYONE, THIS MY FIRST POSTING. I BELIEVE THAT DUE TO THE AGE OF HARRIS AND OF SPRINGS WE NEED TO PICK A CB. HARRIS IS 31 AND SPRINGS IS 30. ROLLE OR JONES A MUST OR IF THEY ARE GONE MAYBE THE LINEBACKER FROM TEXAS IF THERE OR TRADE DOWN.

I don't care if they don't get Brown or the safety, they need a stud wideout. It would seem to me that, most moves should go towards fixing an offense that was just enormously bad. Even with losing Smoot and Pierce, it seems a no brainer that they have to grab a wideout, assuming of course one of the 2 top ones are available.

Only if Edwards or Williams aren't available do they need to go in the direction of CB, DE or trade down.

Originally posted by 36HAMMER

HELLO TO EVERYONE, THIS MY FIRST POSTING. I BELIEVE THAT DUE TO THE AGE OF HARRIS AND OF SPRINGS WE NEED TO PICK A CB. HARRIS IS 31 AND SPRINGS IS 30. ROLLE OR JONES A MUST OR IF THEY ARE GONE MAYBE THE LINEBACKER FROM TEXAS IF THERE OR TRADE DOWN.

36HAMMER,

Welcome dude!

Originally posted by NavyDave

heck our linebackers can cover mike williams

Rolle running a low 4.4 with his physical style of play would give us a secondary that can blanket the 3 WR set that practically every team will run this year and will be a great move if the iggles sign another big physical receiver like plaxico to pair with terrell

True

No matter what happens, cornerback is our most pressing need today. Adam "Pac-Man" Jones or Antrell Rolle would be a good fit here -- my preference is for Rolle. But, with Minnesota signing Travis Taylor, one has to wonder if whether the Skins will bite if Mike Williams is available at #9.:whoknows:

By Vic Carucci

National Editor, NFL.com

Vic's top 5: QBs | WRs | RBs | DEs | OTs | LBs

(March 11, 2005) -- One man's ranking of the top five cornerbacks in the NFL draft:

NFL Network

NFL Network

Analysis, opinions, features and more!

Download Super Bowl XXXIX radio broadcasts and highlights to your MP3 player!

Field Pass

Listen LIVE to NFL games, plus watch video news and features of your favorite team.

1. Antrel Rolle, Miami

Positives: Size (6-0, 201 pounds), bump-and-run skills, ball skills, leaping ability, instincts … His physical style, especially in press coverage, should allow him to have immediate success with officials emphasizing the no-contact rule beyond five yards of the line of scrimmage. He looks like a certain top-10 choice.

Negatives: Route recognition, change-of-direction ability.

2. Adam Jones, West Virginia (underclassman)

Positives: Speed, closing quickness, backpedal burst, ball skills, run support, kick-return ability … He is a talented playmaker who should be selected somewhere in the top 15, if not the top 10.

Negatives: Coverage techniques, susceptibility to play fakes.

3. Carlos Rogers, Auburn

Positives: Size (6-0, 196 pounds), fluidity, body control, instincts, ball skills … He has all of the tools necessary to have an immediate impact in the NFL and should be a top-15 selection.

Negatives: Route recognition, concentration.

4. Justin Miller, Clemson (underclassman)

Positives: Backpedal burst, closing speed, kick-return ability … His playmaking makes him a legitimate pick in the lower portion of the first round.

Ask Vic!

Have a question for Vic on anything NFL related? Don't just sit there -- send it to AskVic@nfl.com, and the best questions will be answered throughout the season right here on NFL.com!

Negatives: Route recognition, consistency, tackling.

5. Corey Webster, LSU

Positives: Size (6-0, 199 pounds), man-to-man coverage skills, instincts, ball skills, long arms … This is as technically sound a cornerback as there is in the draft and he should be taken no lower than the bottom of the first round.

Negatives: Run support, nagging injuries during his senior year.

Pac Man had a faster time at the combine too!

I'm all for Rolle if Pac Man's gone, maybe I'm just a little partial, but I think people are stuck on Rolle because he's from Miami. Possibly?

Originally posted by TLusby

Trade down if possible and grap the Auburn CB. This will save on cap. Get more depth at OL.

Exactly!

This is what I have been saying for a while now. You get a talented CB in Rogers for less money and you can draft a guy like C Chris Spencer or a Guard in the 2nd for O line depth.

I hope we can find a trade down partner because it is looking more and more like Edwards, Williams, Rolle, and Pac Man will be gone by the time we draft.

Originally posted by NavyDave

He compares more to Owens than he does Johnson. The only reason people even mention Johnson in the same breath as Williams is because the went to the same school.

If it weren't for the USC connection, there wouldn't be a comparison.

Originally posted by GangstaSkinz

I don't see Rolle or Pac-Man being worth that high a pick either. Nor is Williams worth the money if he is available at #9. We need to trade down, 9 is bad spot for us.

I totally disagree that being at 9 is a bad spot if we want to trade down. Just the opposite is true.

Consider the following. Any of these 10 players will be available for teams to trade up and grab and would warrant a trade up:

B.Edwards

R.Brown

D.Johnson

C.Williams

M.Williams

C.Benson

A.Jones

A.Rodgers

A.Smith

Now being at #1-3 overall is a BAD spot for trade down potential.

Originally posted by warren

I'm not sure what we'll do in the draft ... but it's gotta be defense. I'm suspecting a trade down ...or Rolle.

I still don't get the mentality that we need to draft defense with the #9 pick. Our offense was ranked 2nd to last in the NFL, yet defense is a priority?

I don't get it.

I still don't get the mentality that we need to draft defense with the #9 pick. Our offense was ranked 2nd to last in the NFL, yet defense is a priority?

I don't get it. [/b]

Biggest problem with our offense was Brunell and recievers that were, well 50/50 all year. Plus the fact that Jansen didnt play a single game hurt the Oline. We should be good on offense for next year, as long as we start RAMSEY and our guys stay healthy. Also, take into consideration that Smoot and Pierce, who was our leading tackler and field general are now gone.

Originally posted by wvufootball1976

Biggest problem with our offense was Brunell and recievers that were, well 50/50 all year. Plus the fact that Jansen didnt play a single game hurt the Oline. We should be good on offense for next year, as long as we start RAMSEY and our guys stay healthy. Also, take into consideration that Smoot and Pierce, who was our leading tackler and field general are now gone.

I understand that we lost Pierce, but we also get Arrington back.

Corner is a need, but I view WR as a need as well. Enough of a need to where I wouldn't mind taking the best WR or CB available with the #9 pick. It's not like we don't have other picks to address the needs we have. We can afford to take the best player available in the first round.

Originally posted by 36HAMMER

:coach: -could you speak up a little bit, I can't quite hear you

Originally posted by fpickering

Exactly!

This is what I have been saying for a while now. You get a talented CB in Rogers for less money and you can draft a guy like C Chris Spencer or a Guard in the 2nd for O line depth.

I hope we can find a trade down partner because it is looking more and more like Edwards, Williams, Rolle, and Pac Man will be gone by the time we draft.

Excuse me, but unless the team was in the Super Bowl the previous year, do don't draft for dept in the 2nd round, and even those teams are looking for players that will show up on game day.

I see Atlanta as a great possibilty of trading up with us. They have yet to sign anyone major in free agency, and they are looking for a playmaker at the receiver postion.If M. Williams is ther or Braylon Edwards, I think they will jump on the chance to get either one of the two. If we are willing to take both their 1st and 2nd round picks which are low draft picks in each round, but with the possible trade for gardner for a another third with whoever i say that we will be sitting pretty. If this goes like i think it will, we will have a 1st(Atl), 2nd(Atl), 3rd(Was), 3rd (Cle, or Sea), and the other picks. I think this will suit us just find.

PEOPLE DONT UNDERSTAND WE STILL NEED A WR.

Yes, we got moss and patten. But they are replacing coles and gardner... now honestly i would rather have moss and patten but it is not a legitimate upgrade from last season.

Would anyone dissagree?

And after last season, what was our main focus? OUR RECIEVING CORPS.

What did we prove vs a playoff hungry vikings team last game of the season? We dont need a "shutdown" corner in greg williams D opposite of springs. We just need a decent solid cb and they believe harris will fill that role easily. With ST growing and Bowen back in the mix or possibly the bills safety, and lavar returning to the lineup. We will cause confusin more then ever and we will be okay on the defensive side.

OUR MAIN CONCERN IS STILL WIDEOUTS!!!!!!! seriously....

moss is not a proven #1 yet(although i love his potential)

patten has yet to prove he is a solid go to #2

Bring in somebody who we think can have an immediate impact as roy williams , larry fit, and clayton did last year.

Bring in Williams! ITS THE BEST MOVE!

Archived