Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dear Japs

Skins24

Oh how we will miss you!

I can't believe you're going away...

You have brought so much to us, it would take a lifetime to repay you. You have revolutionized the gaming industry. Where would video games be without you? You have brought us some nice cars, and for that we are thankful. Even anime. Anime has grown as big or surpassing wrestling this past year or so. Can we thank you enough? I've know we've had our differences in the past...I mean, you attacked us...we attacked you...we nuked you a couple times...but I'm so glad we're over that now! We couldn't ask for better allies.

You may look a little strange

You may talk a little funny

But you sure have brought

Alot of money

We've had war in the past

Won't happen anymore

I'll do anything to keep ya'll here

Even vote for Al Gore

Time to say goodbye

May you rest in peace

God please....

Bless the Janpenese

Japanese threatened with extinction

Here's the correct link (it had a double set of 'http's):

http://webcenter.newssearch.netscape.com/aolns_display.adp?key=200205210011000284999_aolns.src

Most interesting paragraph:

"According to a United Nations report in 2000, Japan is greying so quickly that it will need to import around 600,000 workers annually until 2050 to keep its working population stable. By then, if Japan follows the U.N.'s suggestion, nearly one-third of the population would be of foreign descent."

600,000 workers annually???

Maybe Japan should just invade Korea and China again, and bring home 10,000 "comfort women". Then they can get the other 590,000 workers they need every year, by offering oh-so-comfortable worker services.

LOFL @ Japan "importing" foreign workers so that it can maintain an export economy that is based upon name recognition of Japanese industrial supremacy. Ah the irony.

And ASF, I think you and I are in agreement on this one- one of the most disturbing things about the Japanese are their total inability to acknowledge wrongdoing during WWII including slavery, murder, rape and torture of tens if not hundreds of thousands of men, women and children, and prisoners of war. Even the Germans have come clean. The Japanese remain in full denial mode.

Thats funny cause i just read in my world geography book that Japans culture was the most homogenous in the world. Meaning its people are all of the same ancestory. It said that the biggest minority was Koreans which made up .5 percent. Guess its time for a new book

Redman,

You are absolutely correct about the Japanese being still in denial mode, about their atrocities in WWII. It reminds me of another organization that is also in denial mode most of the time -- organized religion and many of their followers.

Orangeskin,

As far as sex laws are concerned, China already has them. When I was there last time, I was informed if you now had more than one child, you were hit with a much heavier tax by the government. This was to discourage you from having more children. As the world's population explosion continues to balloon out of control, I think more and more countries will have to address this in a similar manner in the future.

inmate, re birthrate, most people in the world live in societies where the government is in far less control over its citizens than China. For example, as we've seen in Pakistan, there are territories in the NW of that country that the government has virtually now control over the tribes who live there. Most of Africa is like that, and that's where the birthrate problem is at its worst. So, I doubt taxation will solve the problem. Also, believe it or not there are people in the world who do not know how babies are made. The literally don't connect the physical act of sex with reproduction.

It's truly a mess that's brought about by ignorance, pride, and culture. And I can only get so excited about better education solving the problem.

The idea of Japan having to get proactive about increasing the birth and/or population rate is intriguing, indeed. I have long thought it unlikely they would dramatically relax the immigration/citizenship requirements anytime soon – the historically established, extremely ingrained social desire to maintain "racial purity" in that country is well documented, and as stringently pursued as almost anywhere in the world. Looking at where they are headed now, it sure looks like there will have to be a loosening of the reins ... but I have a hard time envisioning it going smoothly.

There will be serious difficulties, not only for the potential immigrants in terms of gaining acceptance, but also for the government to keep a lid on reactionary forces among its indiginous population.]

[As an aside: I was born in Tokyo to American parents – unlike in many nations, however, no citizenship option was available to me as a birthright. I believe that is still the case for children of non-citizens born there today.]

What the government can ALSO do, and I suspect they probably will have to quite soon, is to follow the example the Chinese government have used in addressing a population crisis, only in reverse – by offering strong incentives to parents to have more children. It wouldn't be that hard. Tax breaks and/or housing incentives would be a great start. Problem is, a baby boom starting in 2003 doesn't yield a workforce boom until the early 2020's.

Not a pretty picture in the Land of the Rising Son. :)

A very compelling sidelight to watching the problems associated with a rapidly graying population in Japan, obviously, is the parallel to what we're seeing in THIS country. Take notes, everybody.

And for the record, I have already done my part. I have 3 kids.

Originally posted by Om

What the government can ALSO do, and I suspect they probably will have to quite soon, is to follow the example the Chinese government have used in addressing a population crisis, only in reverse – by offering strong incentives to parents to have more children. It wouldn't be that hard. Tax breaks and/or housing incentives would be a great start. Problem is, a baby boom starting in 2003 doesn't yield a workforce boom until the early 2020's.

Not a pretty picture in the Land of the Rising Son. :)

A very compelling sidelight to watching the problems associated with a rapidly graying population in Japan, obviously, is the parallel to what we're seeing in THIS country. Take notes, everybody.

And for the record, I have already done my part. I have 3 kids.

France already has such policies aimed at keeping those of French descent in the majority. Under present trends, France will become a Muslim country within 50 years. Many European countries have similar incentives to try and fend off the greying of their populations.

Interesting that the 2 countries that started and lost WWII are the 2 countries that still have citizenship laws/requirements based primarily on race. If Japan brings in a foreign workforce, they will not extend citizenship to them. They will remain 2nd class non-citizens like the Palestinians used to be in Kuwait before they were expelled.

Archived