Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell places second in the NFL Pro Bowl skills competition?

flexxskins

I dont know if this was posted already as I have not been able to get here as often as I would like. But I was just watching the competition on the NFL NETWORK and it really blew my mind that he was able to beat the guys that he beat. I dont know why his passes float the way they do in games because he showed alot of arm strength in this competition.

Originally posted by STaylorLayintheWOOD

ummm what year was it? im pretty sure he wasnt in this years skills challenge as i recall it was vick manning culpepper and breese who won it

Believe it or not, it was this year my man:laugh: ....2005.

Originally posted by STaylorLayintheWOOD

yeah i defeintly saw a different competition as they were throwing about 4 footballs through hoops at about 10 yards 20 yards and 30 yards.

Yeah, that is different competition. It is on right now on NFLnetwork.

The competition that was on NFL network was from last year. It was right after Brunell signed with the Skins. I dont know if they had this years version of the QB challenge yet or not. I dont think it is the same thing that they had at the Pro Bowl with Culpepper, Vick, Manning, and Brees. This event is held in California and I believe it is after the Pro Bowl has been completed.

As for Mark's performance I was impressed with his mobility and arm strength (both of which we didnt see this year) but when it came to the 2 minute drill I think he over threw his receivers like 5 or 6 times.

Originally posted by f_trizzy

As for Mark's performance I was impressed with his mobility and arm strength (both of which we didnt see this year) but when it came to the 2 minute drill I think he over threw his receivers like 5 or 6 times.

Yeah, as long as he was throwing from a standing position with no time pressure or movement involved, he was o.k. Once they got him moving, against the clock, throwing to live receovers, the ball went all over the place.

Best thing Esiason had to say about him was how great Mark's hair looked for a guy his age.

Brunell was never the same after the hamstring. Not that he was that good before he pulled it either...Brunell has talent but he's messed up in the head. I don't remember one time that he stopped and set his feet to follow through on a pass.:doh:

I dont think Brunell was fully healthy last yr...It's hard to imagine that he would just fall off that fast...

As much as I hate to admit it, I think Brunell is alot like Kurt Warner right now where if he has good WR's a good running game and a solid line he can get the job done but if any of those variables is missing he will struggle...

He is a solid back-up but not at the money we signed him for...That's starter money....

Originally posted by RedskinGodfather

Brunell deserves to die for ruining our season.

Yeah right...I'd like to say more, but I'd be breaking my own rules.

Brunell is a helluva lot better QB than 90% of posters here give him credit for. He may have lost a few steps, and a little bit of mustard off his throws, but he's still a quality QB, and a good guy.

Its not HIS fault Gibbs felt he could carry this team from the get-go. Almost any QB working in a new system, with a new team, would struggle. Its also not his fault that Gibbs wouldn't pull him when he was struggling.

Some of you guys can be real.....well...again, the rules prohibit. :rolleyes:

Archived