Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Well, you did ask for it after all. Didn't you?

TheSteve

It's kind of funny seeing all these posts about us losing players. It's more ironic still that some of you were the ones complaining about the fact that we spend too much in Free Agency. Well people, it looks like we aren't going to overspend. It is what you've all been hoping for right? That the Danny would finally close up his checkbook and check in his impulses at the door.

Well we're getting our wish. Pierce is halfway gone. You might as well say he is because, well, we aren't going to overpay him to stay apparentally. Smoot is halfway gone and, given the premium on CB's it looks like he's out as well.

But none of this should come as a suprise, and if it is taking you by suprise then it should be a pleasant suprise. Given all the moaning I've heard about how we should stop going after the big FA's and just sit tight with what we've got and not overpay people, it seems like we're doing it. Even at the expense of keeping our ingrown talent.

But that's what you asked for right?

Actually I asked for us to stop spending big money on on players that stepped up for other teams and reward those that step up for us, thought it appears we went from that extreme to not paying others or our own. :doh: Though I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering some of the massive contracts we've given out to other teams players recently. :puke:

Originally posted by TheSteve

It's kind of funny seeing all these posts about us losing players. It's more ironic still that some of you were the ones complaining about the fact that we spend too much in Free Agency. Well people, it looks like we aren't going to overspend. It is what you've all been hoping for right? That the Danny would finally close up his checkbook and check in his impulses at the door.

Well we're getting our wish. Pierce is halfway gone. You might as well say he is because, well, we aren't going to overpay him to stay apparentally. Smoot is halfway gone and, given the premium on CB's it looks like he's out as well.

But none of this should come as a suprise, and if it is taking you by suprise then it should be a pleasant suprise. Given all the moaning I've heard about how we should stop going after the big FA's and just sit tight with what we've got and not overpay people, it seems like we're doing it. Even at the expense of keeping our ingrown talent.

But that's what you asked for right?

Actually, most want continuity and to reward the existing players...basically to STOP going after that shiny new car and take care of the one's they already have.

So, I think the point of your post is off-base!

CONTINUITY IS THE KEY. Period. Unfortunately, we arent going to be able to have any until we stop all the crazy spending we have been doing with all these worthless free agents in recent years. I would love to have some draft picks for once...

Lets have the FO worry more about team chemistry then about how many ads they can sell and broadcast on the video monitors at FedEx during TV timeouts...

Archived