Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Insider - Casey Rabach Scouting Report

Tae Bo

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/players/scouting?statsId=5540

Here is the link, I don't have ESPN Insider access, if someone who does could post the report it would be much appreciated. For some reason he reminds me of Corey Raymer even though I know nothing about him. But they both went to Wisconsin, they both play center, they both have the initials CR.

As you can see, I could really benefit from an actual scouting report.

Thanks.

2004 Scouting Report - Football Scouts Inc.

Name: Casey Rabach

Position: Center

Grade: 69 | Key

Alert: None

Comment:

Rabach shows a good understanding of the game. He takes excellent angles to his blocks and generally gets into good position. Shows good footwork in pass protection, possesses adequate lateral mobility in the short area and flashes the ability to redirect inside because he plays with good awareness and body control. Didn't sustain any serious injuries at the college level and has been durable throughout his NFL career. The problem is that Rabach is a much better football player than he is an athlete, and he also is a little bit of a tweener OG/OC that lacks ideal size/strength at OG and lacks ideal athletic ability at OC. Isn't as effective as he needs to be on pulls and lacks the speed to turn the corner. Doesn't have the bulk to anchor against effective bull rushers and will get pushed back into the pocket. Overall, Rabach has shown that he is capable of filling in over a short period of time at both the OG and OC positions.

Originally posted by Tae Bo

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/players/scouting?statsId=5540

Here is the link, I don't have ESPN Insider access, if someone who does could post the report it would be much appreciated. For some reason he reminds me of Corey Raymer even though I know nothing about him. But they both went to Wisconsin, they both play center, they both have the initials CR.

As you can see, I could really benefit from an actual scouting report.

Thanks.

I posted a pretty good one on another thread .......

edit: yep thats the one.....

I think that scouting report is old and done before Rabach did all the starting for the Ravens this past season.

Plus, you have to remember that O-Line play HAS to be more than individuality of talent. It's five guys meshing together to form a strong unit.

Rabach is more than capable of being PART of a strong unit playing together.

I think that scouting report was before last season, wasn't it? It had to have been, otherwise it would have made more of a mention about him playing center.

It appears that he's alot better than when he first came into the league. He got to show what he can do at center when given a chance to start an entire year so I don't think that report is really accurate.

I'm very happy about this move, but I don't think that Rabach is a permament fix, more of a temporaily one. He's great to have depth due to the fact that he can play OG and OC. I think that we should still use our 3rd pick on a center.

Archived