Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Did You Become A Redskins Fan?

a_good_brotha

I'm just curious as to how everyone became a fan of the Redskins. I have had people ask me why don't I root for the Ravens since I'm from Maryland. I have two reasons:

1. I live closer to DC than B-more.

2. Growing up there was no team in Baltimore. I don't even remember the Colts being there.

What makes me the most curious is that how those of you outside the area (like Texas, Cali, etc.) became Redskins fans.

Originally posted by vnmenon1

Live in DC area

Hometown pride

:cheers: That's what I'm talking about. Hometown pride. I live around so many Cow:puke: :dallasuck fans it makes me sick. Half of them probably never even been to the state of Texas. Or better yet, they couldn't even point out Texas on a map. But then again I didn't see them this year after finishing 6-10. Oh except for when they won 2 games against the Redskins.

I am 18 years old...

so when i truly learned the game of football i was 7th grader, like about 13 years old or so.

and about that time i hopped on 2 wagons... the redskins and the rams

i belive thats 1999 or so when we were good, and when the rams won their superbowl.

thats how it happened... now im a skin's fan for life.

ps... i like the rams too:D

I have always lived in Massachusetts. My entire family are Pats fans. I was about seven years old.......and I saw Riggins dragging like three Giants players who just could not tackle him.....and I fell in love. Shortly after......my father (always a fan of the underdog) bet me that the Raiders would beat the Skins in the SB. I lost, of course.....but I have been a Skins fan since that year.

Originally posted by SkinsFan36

I have always lived in Massachusetts. My entire family are Pats fans. I was about seven years old.......and I saw Riggins dragging like three Giants players who just could not tackle him.....and I fell in love. Shortly after......my father (always a fan of the underdog) bet me that the Raiders would beat the Skins in the SB. I lost, of course.....but I have been a Skins fan since that year.

:cheers: Now that's a fan. You didn't jump on the Patriots bandwagon just because they have won 3 SB's in the last 4 years.

I was about 8 years old when, one night about 3 AM, this green light came shining through my bedroom window. The next thing I knew I had been transported to an alien spaceship. Little green men were all around me. One came forward and said, "You have a choice. You can either become a Redskins fan or get an anal probe." The anal probe sounded tempting but I think I made the correct choice. :geek:

Originally posted by Jimbo

I was about 8 years old when, one night about 3 AM, this green light came shining through my bedroom window. The next thing I knew I had been transported to an alien spaceship. Little green men were all around me. One came forward and said, "You have a choice. You can either become a Redskins fan or get an anal probe." The anal probe sounded tempting but I think I made the correct choice. :geek:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I see someone got jokes. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was born in D.C. and raised briefly in everything Redskin.

I moved at a young age (with parents) to Atlanta and that's where I developed UGA love but I still pull for the Wizards. Don't really care much for baseball but i'll pull for the Braves even tho they suck but now there's a Washington team.....;)

i was always a bball fan till 99. i always read the sports section only for bball and ignored all the football stuff. then one day in 99, i take a peek at the skins column, which was about us getting brad johnson from minny. that got me hooked on the nfl somehow and ive been a hardcore fan since

Archived