Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One thing that REALLY worries me about S. Moss...

cscmtp

is that last year, he was very vocal about how unhappy he was with the Jets lack of shots downfield. (Granted, he was onto something, as they brought in one of the Titans offensive cordinators) but do you think he's really HAPPY to be coming to a team that took even less shots downfield than the Jets? I'm neutral when it comes to Moss. I've seen him make some great plays, but he's not the guy I would have picked to replace Coles. But the one thing i do want, is a guy who WANTS to be a Redskin. I just don't see how Moss really wants that, after he complained about not getting many deep passes. I hope i'm wrong, but right now, that is a concern. Anyone else feeling this way?

PS We BETTER NOT have to eat that $5 million. If we do, this deal sucks IMO...

well he was unhappy with the Jets passing game. I'm not saying he was a total d!ck about it, but he did make it vocal that they needed a vertical passing game. Edwards agreed, and brought in a new cordinator. Now maybe Jansen makes a HUGE difference this year, the line gives Ramsey plenty of time to throw, and he uses that cannon of an arm to make some huge plays. If so, Moss will LOVE it. But if we continue to do the 5 yard screen and dunks, I'm afraid Moss won't be happy here either. Then again, maybe its to our advantage that he'll be playing for a new contract (like Muhammad did this year) unless we restructure him first....

I just don't know what to think about this. :doh:

Guest GIBBSisGOD

I am not worried about Moss at all. WIth a quarterback like Ramsey who can throw the long ball and if Moss comes in bringing the deep threat capability i think we'll see more shots downfield which will also open up the running game for portis. I definetly think bringing in moss is a positive.

I think I remember Gibbs saying in his post-season press conference, that the Skins would be modifying the offense a lot and taking more shots.....I can't be the only one that remembers that press conference!?! Also, Joe Gibbs' offense when it is running on all cylinders features a damn good vertical passing game.

Originally posted by NoCalMike

I think I remember Gibbs saying in his post-season press conference, that the Skins would be modifying the offense a lot and taking more shots.....I can't be the only one that remembers that press conference!?! Also, Joe Gibbs' offense when it is running on all cylinders features a damn good vertical passing game.

With Moss & Jacobs they will have the speed to go downfield more. If they can get the OL straighten out now :D

Originally posted by fwo40

Yep...the thing about Moss is that b/c he is in the last year of his own deal....I can't see much advantage to this trade unless we get relief from Cole's cap #'s....

Otherwise it's like renting an ok player for one season.

Well one thing about sports and players in the last year of their contract. They'll try to do it up to get paid and then the tend to scale back once they get their money. You have a few exceptions to the rule. He'll (Moss) will play hard next year if nothing else to try and land a big contract here or somewhere. The Skins could then decide on whether or not to keep him or trade him.

Archived