Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Arena Football on NBC

SkinSabbath

I watch the AFL occasionally and I don't mind the lower quality of talent. The problem, I think, is all of the artificial rules designed to pump up the score. Especially the fact that only one player is ever allowed to blitz and he can only blitz the inside. Also, the way the clock runs, and the fact that you can't take a knee, all seem like silly rules.

Guest BleedinBurgundyandGold

I watch it on Sundays on the commercials between basketball games, its pretty entertaining but my only thing is that the only team I ever seem to be watching is the Philadelphia Soul.....yuk.

I've been to a Colorado Crush game and at first it was kinda fun to see all the big plays and high scoring...

But after about the first half it just got boring... the same long passes over and over...

Now I think their commercials are more entertaining than the games themselves

• 3 weeks later...

I watch and would love for Snyder to get our DC team on the field.

Originally posted by Leonard Washington

when does it come on?

Here is the complete broadcast schedule http://www.arenafootball.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=99226&DB_OEM_ID=3500 OR here http://www.arenafan.com/statistics/?page=schedule&league=1.

The AFL is televised on NBC, FSN (regional), Comcast 5 (Denver), Comcast SportsNet (Philly), Cox Sports (New Orleans), KNTV (NBC-San Jose), and Sun Sports.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think Snyder used the $4 million expansion fee as an insurance policy in the fight against the Redskins trademark. It was reported beginning in December of 1999 that we would get a team called the Warriors with uniforms based on the 65-69 Redskins. Well, we got those uniforms in the form of Redskins Retros. The trademark for "Washington Warriors" does not specifically say Arena Football. The Utah Warriors of the NIFL are sitting out a year (2005) before basically morphing into the Utah Warriors of the AFL. They will begin play at the Delta Center during the 2006 season with Danny White as their head coach. Snyder bought an insurance policy in case the Redskins lost their trademark suit AND hogged the rights to an Arena franchise in the DC market in one fell swoop.

Archived