Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Williams highlights

illone

Originally posted by TheDane

Too much talking, not enough clips.

Clips aren't overly flattering, also. He's catching the ball with his body and not showing many moves. He is playing like a big time possession receiver, though.

Which is why he is not a good pick for us.....We need his height, but we also need someone who can get down field or pile up good rac numbers.:2cents:

Originally posted by smashmowf

Which is why he is not a good pick for us.....We need his height, but we also need someone who can get down field or pile up good rac numbers.:2cents:

The man is very raw, I'll give you that. But we have a great coaching staff that can help get the most out of him. It may take more then a year, but once he gets this game down pat under the right coaching, he'll be a beast. Shoot, we have a WR coach who was one of the best in college football. It can work. :)

Originally posted by TheDane

Clips aren't overly flattering, also. He's catching the ball with his body and not showing many moves. He is playing like a big time possession receiver, though. [/b]

You obviously didn't see that one handed catch he made(I think in the Rose Bowl?)

This guy has amazing hands. It just so happened that he was playing with two Heisman Trophy QB's(well, Leinart won the Heisman without Williams, but still)and most of the passes are right between the numbers.

Originally posted by Warhead36

You obviously didn't see that one handed catch he made(I think in the Rose Bowl?)

This guy has amazing hands. It just so happened that he was playing with two Heisman Trophy QB's(well, Leinart won the Heisman without Williams, but still)and most of the passes are right between the numbers.

No, I've seen the play. I'm actually making a general comment. Plus, it takes more than a few highlight reel catches to make me a believer. Rod Gardner's had a few highlight reel catches. Michael Westbrook had a few highlight reel catches.

Hey, Williams has a knack for making the catch and getting the yards. And like smashmowf said, it may be helpful to have a possession type receiver to complement our existing receivers. He's clearly talented and has raw abilities, I'm just not sure he's a pure receiver cut of the Holt/Rice/Harrison/Ward mold. And I don't think he's as athletic as a TO or Randy Moss, who make up for their shortcomings with unbelievable ability.

Williams has never wowed me as a pure receiver. More of a big, athletic target, who benefited from an offensive scheme and good quarterback coaching. In the past, Williams has worried me as a guy that may get a case of the dropsies and occasionally lose concentration. This clip supported my worries.

As always, I'm willing to be convinced to the contrary.

Originally posted by LA56Dawg

apparently the guy is dumb as a rock... at the end of the stream, the senior editor that is being interviewed said that Williams was having trouble completing two summer classes.... cinema and geography...haha -- pass on him

^^as long as he can play the game well/student of the game...good football smarts..screw the book smarts. It does raise a slight eyebrow though.

Originally posted by LA56Dawg

apparently the guy is dumb as a rock... at the end of the stream, the senior editor that is being interviewed said that Williams was having trouble completing two summer classes.... cinema and geography...haha -- pass on him

Sean Taylor isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer:laugh:

Archived