Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ooooops Ej.......

Pete

I think what you're seeing is someone who is selfish and believes he is above the game.

Why is it that pro athletes think they that once they prove to be legitimate "stars", that they can do what the please and become selfish. Allen Iverson's press conference yesterday was so indicative of the modern day athlete. Yes, he admits he's the superstar and MVP of the Sixers, yet he makes a big deal about being asked to be a leader and lead by example regarding practice. Anybody count how many times Iverson used the word practice.

What separates the "star" of the today and the "star" of yesterday is that in yesteryear, in order to be the best and be considered the best, you had to lead by example and do all the little things and extra things that it took. Today, to be a star, you only have to have a few highlights on ESPN, a posse surrounding you, and a product endorsement.

Disgusting......

What a ****. The guy will never EVER be the same. He'll slip into mediocrity and we'll all be saying, "what if." But on the other side of the coin, can you imagine the thrill those guys must be getting by playing with him?

Originally posted by Cskin

I think what you're seeing is someone who is selfish and believes he is above the game.

Why is it that pro athletes think they that once they prove to be legitimate "stars", that they can do what the please and become selfish

Disgusting......

I think Ken Beatrice (may he rest in peace) answered this question best. The problem was that he answered it over and over and over, even when no one asked, until I wanted to reach into the radio and perform a larygectomy on him with a chainsaw.

Anyways, what he said, and it's true, is that these players get treated like stars from grade school on up to the pro ranks. They're the best player in their school, so no one holds them accountable for anything. Thus, they never have to grow up, or even play by the same rules as the rest of us. The lucky bast***s.

From the physical standpoint, If he doesn't screw it up again, he's actually got a good head start on his conditioning. It's been in the mid 90's for weeks now, and still in the mid to high 80's after sun down. Come July, he'll be at full speed while others barf from the heat. I still don’t like what he’s done, but it could work to his advantage. His ****y attitude is the real problem. Great way to make an impression on a new head coach.

these players get treated like stars from grade school on up to the pro ranks. They're the best player in their school, so no one holds them accountable for anything. Thus, they never have to grow up, or even play by the same rules as the rest of us.

So dam true, it scares the snott out of me.

One does have to think that James is ****y now, because, he is assuming that, "I am young and invincible syndrome".

Last year, (for the first time in his young career - 3rd yr), he also skipped the mini-camp and felt that he would last until the end of the season and was in very good shape. Well the knee, whether related directly to the mini-camp, prior to that, appeared to be fine. Mini camps are boring for some players and usually the best players on the team, still attend them. A few customarily skip them and customarily get worse and worse.

Could Edgerrin James be close to this. I would think to get to know his own NEW head coach and a brother, he'd be interested. Ok so maybe he's not looking at it from that perspective (the brother tip), so that's even better, because then he'd have to be thinking business, teamwork and communication. I was wrong about him. He seems to be heading down the path that Deion Sanders took. Must be something in the Forida water that produces superstars, but with strange protocols for doing business.

Killa, I think you're thinking of Ken Meese. Ken Beatrice is the radio guy who retrired a while back, and there's no way he would remind anyone of Glenn Brenner :)

If Ken has died, it's news to me. He was talking to Czaban on WTEM last week, and I don't think it was a seance...

Does anyone remember the SI article last summer on E. James? About how he was probably going to retire in a few years b/c he just wants to lay back and chill the rest of his life? What a slackass.:jerkoff:

What ya got is a dumb country boy. The town he's from is a small farming town, and if you saw how slow the natives move, you would understand his wantin to just kick back. It's like going into a time warp, with shanties, and houses lacking any windows or doors. It's not all like that, but I rather keep out of there if I can.

Indy, It's 3 to 2, with Deion and James heading down the same path, and Kersey and the Gramaticia's keeping it on the right track. You couldn't pay me to drink well water in this part of the state. I don't like washing my hands in it. It smells so bad, I think I would rather have a cow give birth in the bathroom to make it smell better.:puke:

Archived