Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

tradefreddie.com

Chrisbob74

Originally posted by Westbrook36

That's what all us Eagles fans thought about James Thrash last year. But there was one team that gave up a mid round draft pick for him. :laugh:

Well there you go... Thrash was misused as a starting WR. He's a role player not a #1 or #2 WR.. He can step in, but not start consistently in THAT capacity. (in the case of injury to a starting #2 - I wouldn't mind if he was bumped into the #2 slot temporarily)

His value when he was with us the first time was discovered by Gibbs & Co., and he was brought back to fill the role that he best suits.

You guys hated on him (as did everyone else in the league) because he didn't live up to your expectation in the role you placed him in.. (see Trotter)

Its really the same deal, except Trotter had and injury in the middle of the situation to boot... So he really didn't live up to our expectations.

I will stand by that mid-round pick used on Thrash until the day he retires. He's a great role player and every team needs them.

What would you guys say if somehow Freddie Mitchell wound up on the Skins?

I'm sure we'd have a few change of hearts. Maybe a few "Gibbs will change him, that's for sure" :D

I think I speak for all of us, we would NOT be happy, and yes, we would hope Gibbs can change him.

:eaglesuck

I saw Thrash mentioned, and I think quite a few Eagles fans realize that Thrash was a good reciever, he just should have never been a #1. I think he would be just as good if not better in the slot than Mitchell was.

I don't know if the 'Skins plan on resigning Thrash, or if he would want to go back to the Eagles, but I think he would be a good replacement when we get rid of Mitchell.

That's what all us Eagles fans thought about James Thrash last year. But there was one team that gave up a mid round draft pick for him. :laugh:

Dude I'd take a player like Thrash 7 days a week and twice on sundays if I could. We should have never let him go to you guys in the first place. I liked the guy when he was here and I like him now. Your loss.

Freddie won't be playing anywhere next year. I can't recall a marginal player talking himself out of the league before, but that's what he is doing. Good players have said and done dumber stuff, but their skill keeps them employed. Freddy just isn't worth it.

What would you guys say if somehow Freddie Mitchell wound up on the Skins?

I'm sure we'd have a few change of hearts. Maybe a few "Gibbs will change him, that's for sure" :D.

Wouldn't happen!!! Why would we even look at the Chump when he can't even carry 50/50's jock?

Originally posted by TobiasEagle77

I saw Thrash mentioned, and I think quite a few Eagles fans realize that Thrash was a good reciever, he just should have never been a #1. I think he would be just as good if not better in the slot than Mitchell was.

I don't know if the 'Skins plan on resigning Thrash, or if he would want to go back to the Eagles, but I think he would be a good replacement when we get rid of Mitchell.

I feel pretty confident in saying that Thrash will probably retire as a Redskin. He will probably be our slot guy a lot this coming season, and I think he will be a major contributor for us. But thanks anyways.

Originally posted by jrfriedm

I feel pretty confident in saying that Thrash will probably retire as a Redskin. He will probably be our slot guy a lot this coming season, and I think he will be a major contributor for us. But thanks anyways.

I hope you're wrong, because if Thrash was an option it would make it that much easier for us to say goodbye to Freddie.

I am starting to think that Seattle might be willing to take Mitchell off our hands.

Originally posted by TenaciousB15

The eagles would not take Thrash back. I think there is too much resentment. Fair or not, he was the scape goat for the Panthers game.

Thrash was your number one. He is our number three, a better fit. Is Thrash to blame for how the iggles used him? How many iggle fans and player and coaches wouldn't take back Thrash for Mitchell right now?

zero.

Archived