Kurt Warner

John Elway

John Elway

Trent Dilfer

Troy Aikman

Brett Farve

Troy Aikman

Troy Aikman

Not one of them process this incredible athletic gift - ie. Mike Vick, Donavan Mc, etc - They all have the ability to manage the system their in. I'm convinced PR can do the same with the Redskins.

Hmm your list is a bit off

Brady

Brady

Johnson

Brady

Dilfer

Warner

Elway

Elway

Favre

Aikman

Young

And I went back to the 11th, because it is Steve Young, who did have the athletic ability to take over a game.

You are right however, at that point in his career Young was very comfortable in the pocket

Originally posted by SkinsHokieFan

Hmm your list is a bit off

Brady

Brady

Johnson

Brady

Dilfer

Warner

Elway

Elway

Favre

Aikman

Young

And I went back to the 11th, because it is Steve Young, who did have the athletic ability to take over a game.

You are right however, at that point in his career Young was very comfortable in the pocket

Your rite, I did miss that 1. However, I do think we have a guy with our system that can take us there.....

What it really tells you is that a QB cannot win the game by himself.

That's why ANY arugment over "who is the greatest qb of all time" is bogus right from the get go. Everyone judges qb's by superbowl wins. A QB doesn't play defense or catch the ball or pass block. They can't do it on their own. It takes a total team to win a superbowl.

I agree completely that the Super Bowl is a team contest, and it bothers me that quarterbacks are measured by Super Bowl wins, which doesn't happen at any other position. Some quarterbacks do seem to have a magical ability to make stuff happen though, whether by inspiration of their teammates, their own determination, or their legs, they get it done. Examples would be Elway and Favre.

Originally posted by 318 SKIN

Tom Brady

Tom Brady

Brad Johnson

Tom Brady

Kurt Warner

John Elway

John Elway

Trent Dilfer

Troy Aikman

Brett Farve

Troy Aikman

Troy Aikman

Not one of them process this incredible athletic gift - ie. Mike Vick, Donavan Mc, etc - They all have the ability to manage the system their in. I'm convinced PR can do the same with the Redskins.

Racist.

getting back to the original point - I think PR has all the intangibles to be a super bowl QB - great character, leadership, toughness, smart, and a great arm. I think now that the season has come and gone, I hope we will begin to see that there are not alot of great QB's out there with those qualities.

Clearly when you go back over the list of Super Bowl winning QB's, you will always notice in every single case the man with the better surronding cast won.

Case in point is our victory in Super Bowl 22. The NFL Films highlights start out with "This was a game of one man vs a team"

When Elway finally had a solid D, a running game, and good WR's he won the big one. Before that he got ripped in the big game.

A few other examples of this? The Dolphins never really had a running game with Marino. Fran Tarkenton was running for his life on the Vikings O in the 1970s.

The Redskins Super Bowl teams were that teams. The Ravens, that was a team, running game and enough of a passing attack in the Super Bowl.

One man can't do it all.

And I agree with you that Ramsey has the ability to play within a system and guide a team to victory. If the cast around him is good enough, I think

he will be just fine

Originally posted by 318 SKIN

getting back to the original point - I think PR has all the intangibles to be a super bowl QB - great character, leadership, toughness, smart, and a great arm. I think now that the season has come and gone, I hope we will begin to see that there are not alot of great QB's out there with those qualities.

Yes, definately fits the mold over the past ten years, but a QB doesn't win the game by himself.

You need a TEAM to win by itself, if Danny boy can keep his nose out of Gibbs businesss this offseason, you just may see another one of those QBs on the list next year :)

BTW, I'm saying it right now, the skins will be the "shiek" pick bu the so-called pundits this year. Schatz already picked them and others will too. Gibbs, in his second year, with the best defense in the league, yep I think they'll be the pick of many pundits. . . and if they're not, they should be :)

Clearly when you go back over the list of Super Bowl winning QB's, you will always notice in every single case the man with the better surronding cast won.

Case in point is our victory in Super Bowl 22. The NFL Films highlights start out with "This was a game of one man vs a team"

When Elway finally had a solid D, a running game, and good WR's he won the big one. Before that he got ripped in the big game.

A few other examples of this? The Dolphins never really had a running game with Marino. Fran Tarkenton was running for his life on the Vikings O in the 1970s.

The Redskins Super Bowl teams were that teams. The Ravens, that was a team, running game and enough of a passing attack in the Super Bowl.

One man can't do it all.

And I agree with you that Ramsey has the ability to play within a system and guide a team to victory. If the cast around him is good enough, I think

he will be just fine

Except for the 01 Patriots, the Rams team was stocked with talent, all the Pats had was essentially a rookie in Brady, and a good defense led by some good big game players.

Originally posted by chomerics

Except for the 01 Patriots, the Rams team was stocked with talent, all the Pats had was essentially a rookie in Brady, and a good defense led by some good big game players.

That is a good point. I am trying to think of the skill players and it was essentialy the same WR's.

I still can't say Brady did it by himself though. He just played within himself and let that game come to him. The D that day more or less won the Super Bowl for the Pats

That is a good point. I am trying to think of the skill players and it was essentialy the same WR's.

I still can't say Brady did it by himself though. He just played within himself and let that game come to him. The D that day more or less won the Super Bowl for the Pats

Actually, I'd give the MVP of SB XXXVI to Bill Belichick and Romeo Crennel. They devised a gameplan which was incredible. They learned from watching the Rams over the previous three years, that Marshall Faulk was the Key to the offense.

So they placed a LB with him al game, almost like a 1-1 press coverage in basketball. The LB would hit him, chip him, do what ever he coupld to throw off the timing between him and Warner. They knew if they stopped the Rams from getting off the line clean, they'd screw up the timing of the offensive system they were using.

It not only beat the Rams, it destroyed their "dynasty" plans, Warner went 0-8 in his next 8 starts after playing BB. He basically destroyed Warners career. Remember, he had one MVP season, one ring, another MVP season and they were on their way to their second ring. Torry Holt said he was going to get a ring for each finger :laugh:. The absolute best is the shot of Proel.

He has the utter audacity to say the immortal words "A Dynasty is born tonight" before the game (they play it on NFL network all the time. . . Little did he know. . . little did he know. . . and I love each and every minuite of it :)

Archived