Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Weapons of Mass Deception...A Documentary

NoCalMike

Originally posted by KevinthePRF

Some day I'm going to learn to stop giving you abstract examples. You never seem to grasp them.

Okay, I think what you were attempting to do was say that a bomb found in Iraq might not have been Saddams. And then used an example of how the same could apply to the situation you provided.

You failed. And here's why.

1- Saddam controlled his country with an iron fist. ANy munitions there were his. The same cannot be applied to your scenario because A- it doesnt involve a dictatorship B- it doesnt involve chemicals that are extremely hard to produce by civilians.

I also find it interesting that you would make such an argument in the first place since your sides contention is that Bush is responsible for such things as Abu Graib and Gitmo. So it shopuld follow that you DO think a bomb would be Bush's responsibility.

But at least we've established that there were banned substances found in Iraq after all.

Now we apparently need to establish that they were the result of Saddams regime and not someone elses.

Originally posted by Bufford

seriously, smoke....fire....etc...etc.

we should totally go after this guy also. He had NO idea what he was getting into!

Rumsfeld_Saddam.jpg

He was right there....shaking his hand! Could of knocked him off right then and saved us all some tired typing fingers.

I can't look at that photo and not think that our administration behaves ONLY according to their agenda. What a joke.

It seems to me that many on the left are still intent on laying all of the the blame for the lack of WMD's on the Bush Administration. Even when much of the intelligence used was gathered during the Clinton Administration.

That's not to say I blame Clinton either. I'm not sure I blame anybody, because I'm still not convinced that WMD's WEREN'T in Iraq prior to the invasion. If you were Saddam, why would you want America's military to find justification for their invasion in Iraq, when you could make them look like fools in front of the whole world?

With that said, their were many other reasons for our invasion of Iraq, the WMD's were just a part of the big picture. The big picture is Saddam is out of power, and our grand-children will be safer for it.

Can we please stop comparing the Iraqi war to WWII. Apples and oranges. Hitler had taken over most of Europe, Japan directly attacked us. I can't compare Iraq to either scenario.

A close scenario would of been the Gulf War, which I personally supported as Saddam at the time had an army capable of invasion in the Middle East. Which at the time I believe it was 4th largest or something like that. This time around he had like the 40th.

Originally posted by Painkiller

The big picture is Saddam is out of power, and our grand-children will be safer for it.

How can you prove that? Really, how can you sit there and tell me that the future actually took a turn for the better because before this war we were headed for disaster. How do you really know. I don't think you can. No one can.

The big picture is Saddam is out of power, and our grand-children will be safer for it.

Actually no, you are completely wrong, as the big picture is not set in stone yet. War Orphans make easy impressionable terrorist recruits. We won't know the big picture for about AT LEAST 20 years from now.

Originally posted by sonsofwashington

How can you prove that? Really, how can you sit there and tell me that the future actually took a turn for the better because before this war we were headed for disaster. How do you really know. I don't think you can. No one can.

Agreed, it will be years before we find out if all this really did any good once whatever government in Iraq is well established.

Originally posted by sonsofwashington

Lets see...on one hand you have Saddam. Saddam was a terrrorist to his own people. Invaded other countries. Killled Iraqis by the 1000's with chemical weapons. Etc. Etc.

On the other hand you have a budding Democracy, where the Iraqi people for the first time in decades are deciding who their leaders will be. A constitution will be written. The Iraqi people will decide who their leaders are.

Which one do you think is safer? Or are you a pessimist?

Lets see...on one hand you have Saddam. Saddam was a terrrorist to his own people. Invaded other countries. Killled Iraqis by the 1000's with chemical weapons. Etc. Etc.

On the other hand you have a budding Democracy, where the Iraqi people for the first time in decades are deciding who their leaders will be. A constitution will be written. The Iraqi people will decide who their leaders are.

Which one do you think is safer? Or are you a pessimist?

bookmark your post. If you're right...then that would be awesome....and you'd be very very right. If Civil War breaks out.........then we can come back to the topic of "safer".

Oh you must be referring to the Kurds that George Bush's dad promised U.S. military support if they started an uprise against Saddam, then promptly turned his back on them and left them to get slaughtered by the weapons Rumsfield and the like sold to Saddam. Gee, why do the Iraqis have any reason not to trust our government?

Archived