Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Freddie Mitchell

pr11fan

Panthers: Mitchell no champ to Smith

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com

Thursday, January 27, 2005

News

Eagles' wide receiver Freddie Mitchell refers to himself as the People's Champion, but Panthers' wideout Steve Smith is one person who isn't buying the hype. "Freddie Mitchell has 22 catches," Smith said during an interview on James Brown's radio show. "He's not a premier receiver. My son in flag football had 22 catches. That's the level he's on. Freddie Mitchell can't hold my jock. You've got to be kidding me. He's a joke." Smith missed all but one game this season with a broken fibula.

:laugh: :notworthy

Originally posted by pr11fan

Panthers: Mitchell no champ to Smith

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com

Thursday, January 27, 2005

News

Eagles' wide receiver Freddie Mitchell refers to himself as the People's Champion, but Panthers' wideout Steve Smith is one person who isn't buying the hype. "Freddie Mitchell has 22 catches," Smith said during an interview on James Brown's radio show. "He's not a premier receiver. My son in flag football had 22 catches. That's the level he's on. Freddie Mitchell can't hold my jock. You've got to be kidding me. He's a joke." Smith missed all but one game this season with a broken fibula.

:laugh: :notworthy

I think Steve Smith needs to be wearing a pair of oven mitts when he says something like this.

Originally posted by arrowhead

I think Steve Smith needs to be wearing a pair of oven mitts when he says something like this.

OH YEAH, it is about to get real hot, real fast. It is true, and down right hillarious, but players cant go around saying stuff like that about other players, especially in this free agency era, they might be teammates some day.

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

I think you guys would be equally suited.

Maybe we can as well, but you didn't see any players on the Eagles going out of their way to trash the Panthers last year. By making those comments, Smith proves he has little/no class.

Equally suited? Sorry man, We've been to 5 Superbowls and won 3... not as equally suited in the least. When we make it to a Championship game, we usually end up watching our own team in the Superbowl.

Anyways...

I think it's pretty funny. Mitchell is full of himself. As flamboyant as he's being, you'd think he was something special. That's why I get a kick out of someone bringing him back down to earth. Smith just put him back in his place is all.

Archived