Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles are the same as ever

GIBBS LIVES

There is nothing different about these Eagles compared to the others. All of them will be losers when it's all said and done.

What difference does it make weather you finish 4th or 2nd? The bottom line is that the Eagles make the playoffs and don't win the big one. And this year will be no different.

Patriots 34 Eagles 10

And after it's all said and done, Eagles fans will be talking smack to skins fans and as usual have no hardware to back up their talk.

Patriots are a dynasty while the Eagles are the Buffalo Bills of the new millinium.

:notworthy

Originally posted by GIBBS LIVES

There is nothing different about these Eagles compared to the others. All of them will be losers when it's all said and done.

What difference does it make weather you finish 4th or 2nd? The bottom line is that the Eagles make the playoffs and don't win the big one. And this year will be no different.

Patriots 34 Eagles 10

And after it's all said and done, Eagles fans will be talking smack to skins fans and as usual have no hardware to back up their talk.

Patriots are a dynasty while the Eagles are the Buffalo Bills of the new millinium.

:notworthy

Correction. The Iggles can't even compare with the Bills. They made it to the Super Bowl 4 times in a row. The Iggles are going to the first Super Bowl in 24 years. At least the Bills were there 4 years in a row. That's total dominance of the conference. But Philly has not achieved that until this year.

Man, do they suck. :laugh:

lovin the hate. I really do. for the past 2 weeks ive heard all about randy moss, vick, atlanta "d", dvd "er sorry dvd got broken today", etc. the more we'er talked about to lose from everybody, the better I like our chances. bulletin board material is great stuff.

Originally posted by Eagle091

lovin the hate. I really do. for the past 2 weeks ive heard all about randy moss, vick, atlanta "d", dvd "er sorry dvd got broken today", etc. the more we'er talked about to lose from everybody, the better I like our chances. bulletin board material is great stuff.

This is a Redskins message board ;)

Originally posted by Eagle091

Yeah, because the players and coaches are going to come to this site to get thier motivation to play the Pats. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by TenaciousB15

I said it, atleast to myself all week. As much as it hurts to here idiots on espn saying the falcons would do this and that, and the weeks previous, its much better for the team not to be treated with the full respect they deserve. They feed off of the doubt.

You do realize about 70 percent of those idiots picked the Iggles right?

I think what you saw today from the Patriots is a team that is extraordinarily well coached, and a team that will take advantages of opportunities. The Steelers moved the ball all game, but NE got turnovers and capitalized. Fortunately, Philadelphia doesn't turn the ball over much (if at all). They'll need to keep that trend up for the game. If they don't lose the turnover battle, it's anyones game.

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

I think what you saw today from the Patriots is a team that is extraordinarily well coached, and a team that will take advantages of opportunities. The Steelers moved the ball all game, but NE got turnovers and capitalized. Fortunately, Philadelphia doesn't turn the ball over much (if at all). They'll need to keep that trend up for the game. If they don't lose the turnover battle, it's anyones game.

Well, the Eagles made a lot of mistakes against the Falcons today. Penalties, dropped balls, a couple of passes that were nearly intercepted. Not to mention some calls that were favorable for the Eagles (don't get me wrong. I'm not saying they won the game because of the refs. The Falcons did not play the game they should have to win).

If the Eagles play the Patsies the way they played the Falcons, the Patsies will walk all over them. Plain & simple. And the Eagles played a good game. But what separates a good team from a great team is that the great team takes advantage of mistakes, while the good team is still making them. The Patsies make mistakes as well, but the Eagles don't capitalize on them like the Patsies do.

It will be another chokeout for McNabb, I'm afraid.

:D :eaglesuck

Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

Well, the Eagles made a lot of mistakes against the Falcons today. Penalties, dropped balls, a couple of passes that were nearly intercepted. Not to mention some calls that were favorable for the Eagles (don't get me wrong. I'm not saying they won the game because of the refs. The Falcons did not play the game they should have to win).

If the Eagles play the Patsies the way they played the Falcons, the Patsies will walk all over them. Plain & simple. And the Eagles played a good game. But what separates a good team from a great team is that the great team takes advantage of mistakes, while the good team is still making them. The Patsies make mistakes as well, but the Eagles don't capitalize on them like the Patsies do.

It will be another chokeout for McNabb, I'm afraid.

:D :eaglesuck

They had penalties, only one drop, and I didn't see any questionable calls. Of course they'll need to step it up even more, but I have a feeling these next two weeks the Eagles defense is going to be underrated. They are here to play. Patriots deserve to be favored, but I'd caution those who think the Eagles can't play with them.

And McNabb's not choking this year. Thought I'd throw that in there.

:)

Originally posted by HeHateMe

Yeah, because the players and coaches are going to come to this site to get thier motivation to play the Pats. :rolleyes:

They should go to the Eagles site to get motivated. That is, if they understand "Eaglish".

Eagles fan #1: "Grunt, Ugh! :crap:"

Eagles fan #2: "Ugh, Grunt! :fart:"

":crap:

:fart:

:crap:

:fart:

:slap:

:nutkick:"

No wonder the smart ones come over here. :D

They had penalties, only one drop, and I didn't see any questionable calls. Of course they'll need to step it up even more, but I have a feeling these next two weeks the Eagles defense is going to be underrated. They are here to play. Patriots deserve to be favored, but I'd caution those who think the Eagles can't play with them.

And McNabb's not choking this year. Thought I'd throw that in there.

:)

There was one pass towards the end of the 1st half that was almost picked off. Should have been but ding-a-ling couldn't hold onto it. All, I'm sayin' is that if the Eagles play as good as they did today, they will get destroyed in the Super Bowl. Period.

We need a :choke: smilie if the Eagles lose. :eaglesuck

Not only are the Pats well coached, but they are disciplined and well schooled in the basics. There will be no Eagles RBs breaking the grasps of would-be tacklers in two weeks, where 3 yard losses turn into 15 yard gains, it just isn't going to happen against the Pats. Atlanta was foiled by two major things today, one was the poorest tackling I have seen in the playoffs since well, last week actually(The Rams), and the Falcons defense was unable to stop the big play.

I have said it all season long, and it still looks the same to me now. The Eagles offense while sometimes capable of a drive downfield, is mostly based on the big play. They live and die on those 50 yd bombs downfield. In their losses this season the opponent took those away for the most part, and the Eagles offense overall suffered because of it.

Originally posted by NoCalMike

Not only are the Pats well coached, but they are disciplined and well schooled in the basics. There will be no Eagles RBs breaking the grasps of would-be tacklers in two weeks, where 3 yard losses turn into 15 yard gains, it just isn't going to happen against the Pats. Atlanta was foiled by two major things today, one was the poorest tackling I have seen in the playoffs since well, last week actually(The Rams), and the Falcons defense was unable to stop the big play.

I have said it all season long, and it still looks the same to me now. The Eagles offense while sometimes capable of a drive downfield, is mostly based on the big play. They live and die on those 50 yd bombs downfield. In their losses this season the opponent took those away for the most part, and the Eagles offense overall suffered because of it.

That's true, and I'm sure Belichick will have a great scheme in place. NE's secondary IS susceptible to the big play, especially without Law and Poole, but you have to give all the credit in the world to that team for still being able to play at a high level without them.

CSA,

I don't think the Eagles losing to the Patriots would be considered "choking", unless they just don't show up.

CSA,

I don't think the Eagles losing to the Patriots would be considered "choking", unless they just don't show up.

You don't understand. They could make a game of it & lose by only 1 point & it will be considered a "choke" in everyone else's minds except Eagles fans. If they do anything short of winning the Super Bowl, it is a CHOKE!

Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

You don't understand. They could make a game of it & lose by only 1 point & it will be considered a "choke" in everyone else's minds except Eagles fans. If they do anything short of winning the Super Bowl, it is a CHOKE!

Losing to a superior team, as it is being professed here and elsewhere isn't deemed a choke. Carolina didn't "choke" last year against New England.

That being said, I don't think we'll have to worry about that scenario. :)

Bottom line is the Eagles are the same exact team, the only reason their in the Super Bowl this year is because the NFC is so insanely pethetic that their the only team with a pulse. They are by far the worst 14-2 team in the history of the NFL, and if they were in the AFC playoffs, they wouldve been eaten up in the first round. Its so sad, I never thought Id actually root for the Patriots, but that day will come. I want the Iggles to crash and burn, maybe we'll actually see McNabb cry, as opposed to his ****y-ass laughter after he wins. Or better yet, a missle could hit the field ridding us of these 2 low life teams.(Before anyone gets upset, I dont want the stadium blowing up, just the field, and also your a complete fool if you think im serious) GO PATS:puke: Screw that :eaglesuck

Losing to a superior team, as it is being professed here and elsewhere isn't deemed a choke. Carolina didn't "choke" last year against New England.

That being said, I don't think we'll have to worry about that scenario. :)

Choking doesn't have to come at the hands of an inferior or equally matched team. It simply means that you still would have NOTHING to put in your trophy case. Simple as that. It doesn't get any more simple than that. If the Eagles lose, they have nothing for the trophy case, meaning they choked in the Playoffs once again. When people look back in 10 years at this upcoming SB & see that the Eagles lost to the Patsies, they'll say 2 things:

#1 - New England is truly a Dynasty!

#2 - The Eagles never win anything.

You think anyone is going to care that the Eagles were beat by a superior team? No. They'll just see that they were beat, period. And then there's the 3 NFCCG loses prior to that. Yup, that's a choke. No matter how you slice it, it's a choke!

Regardless of what you want people to think, that is pretty much how most people outside of Philly will view it. It would not surprise me in the least to hear it from several sportscasters in the area, maybe even on ESPN, definately in ESPN magazine.

Don't worry, the off-season is coming up & you guys will have plenty of bs to throw around here. It will be here soon enough. :D

Originally posted by Mattskins2004

Bottom line is the Eagles are the same exact team, the only reason their in the Super Bowl this year is because the NFC is so insanely pethetic that their the only team with a pulse. They are by far the worst 14-2 team in the history of the NFL, and if they were in the AFC playoffs, they wouldve been eaten up in the first round. Its so sad, I never thought Id actually root for the Patriots, but that day will come. I want the Iggles to crash and burn, maybe we'll actually see McNabb cry, as opposed to his ****y-ass laughter after he wins. Or better yet, a missle could hit the field ridding us of these 2 low life teams.(Before anyone gets upset, I dont want the stadium blowing up, just the field, and also your a complete fool if you think im serious) GO PATS:puke: Screw that :eaglesuck

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Archived