Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Falcon Fever Friday!!

NYSkins1

You know your team is a bandwagon team when...

The mayor has to declare the friday before the NFC Championship "Falcon Fever Friday" :doh:. This is just sad. Atlanta is the biggest bandwagon team ever. I know that I'm a bandwagon fan. I'm not a real fan of the falcons, but I still root for them. Anyways...

I always root for the Falcons unless they are playing the Skins. This is obviously because of Michael Vick. I consider him the best overall player in the NFL. Without Vick Falcons are 1-10 with him they go to the NFC championship game, it doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. Plus he and D Hall went to Va Tech so it is just like rooting for the hokies.

I am not a Falcons Fan but I pull for the because of former Hoikes Michael Vick, Kevin McAdams and DeAngelo Hall (I think that is the most VA Tech Players on one NFL Roster). I will be wearing my Vick VA Tech to work today.

From what I have heard the fans in Atlanta are pretty fairweather. But I have to say the biggest bandwagon fans are Cowboy Fans. Not the legit ones fans that are loyal through thick and thing but the faiwearther / bandwagon ones that only pull for the Boys when they win Super Bowls and during the losing seasons do not associate themselves with the team. I know the exist because I have mentioned several times on this board I went to college with may of them in Missouri in the early 90s.

Back when Atl still had Neon, I went to the Georgia Dome for a MNF game against the cowboys. It was a blow out and the whole place was filled with stinkin' cowboy fans (same as AZ) I of course was wearing my REDSKINS hat and managed to shut some of them up because the Skins had beaten them the week before. ATL is a fairweather fan city period, doesn't matter what sport your talking about. Atlanta loves parades for 2nd place.

1992 cowboys:

| 15 | at Washington Redskins | L | 17-20 |

| 16 | at Atlanta Falcons | W | 41-17

Archived