Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should we trade for Moss??? (for Smoot or Lavar)

would love to get moss , would love to keep smoot but if it went down i cant say i would be upset , we need a guy like moss in the worse way , WOW our offense would totally upgrade a whole there , but there is still a matter of o-line help and maybe a DE , how would we make it fit under the cap? who knows if that bozo brunell would only do something to help fix our numbers or something

Originally posted by KDawg

You may be on to something...

The next person to suggest trading/cutting LaVar should be banned... I'm on the bandwagon! :)

DITTO! Not only should they be banned but their Redskins Fan Card & Club Membership revoked! ;)

i reckon half this board came outta hickton on a turnip wagon, fell off and hit their head of a thick fkin rock.

let me write in a way you can understand

duhhhhhhhh you'sa no trade Lavar, he'sa on a beeeeeig contract, he be'a havin a 17-20mill in tha bonuses, so you'sa skins have a beeeeeeig cap hit if he cut or traded.

Originally posted by manichispanic

if you read the title of the post, it says smoot or lavar, some people are talking about lavar, some about smoot, nice joke though, real hilarious :doh:

First of all nobody on this thread has even noticed smoot is an unrestricted FA, so to trade him you would have to franchise him, the average for a CB is around 5-6M, far more than the skins could afford right now.

do you think im basing this on this 1 thread? ive heard some righ rubbish on this board, ask the local bum on the street and he'd know more about the cap than half these ppl.

previous classics this month alone are,

Gibbs doesnt like Portis, could we trade him?

or

Coles hates the fans & the players, lets cut him!

or my fave

I think we should trade taylor, because he'll holdout for a new contract, why? because i think he doesnt like it in washington

i salute you, manichispanic :notworthy

Originally posted by 1-2-3 times a loser

do you think im basing this on this 1 thread? ive heard some righ rubbish on this board, ask the local bum on the street and he'd know more about the cap than half these ppl.

previous classics this month alone are,

Gibbs doesnt like Portis, could we trade him?

or

Coles hates the fans & the players, lets cut him!

or my fave

I think we should trade taylor, because he'll holdout for a new contract, why? because i think he doesnt like it in washington

i salute you, manichispanic :notworthy

1) i was making fun of your bad joke about thi board and being a bunch of hicks

2) i pointed out that you were talking about lavar, but the title mentions smoot too

3) this is an internet message board, this is quite common. This is the same community that created 'leet speak and can hold entire conversations in smilie form. Extreme/irrational opinions are to be expected

4) the salute goes to you for being the 1st one to use rubbish since Walter Duffield in 1845

walter%20duffield.jpg

Originally posted by Warhead36

Moss, Coles, and Mike Williams?

*jizzes pants*

Man, the offseason ROCKS!

:laugh:

Seriously though I think it would be a move that would upgrade need areas of both teams....

Yes Smoot is an unrestricted FA, but so was Bailey last yr...We would allow Smoot to work out a deal w/the Vikings, and then in exchange for not franchising Smoot and allowing him to sign w/them they trade us Randy Moss...

NOT GONNA HAPPEN THOUGH!

To me I don't see Moss fitting into the Joe Gibbs system- would Gibbs put up with a "me first" receiver who leaves a few seconds early and then when he is called out on it threatens to leave in the 2nd quarter during next week's playoff game just to spite people?

Don't get me wrong, moss is a great receiver- maybe Gibbs could give him the direction he needs but to me it would a HUGE risk.

Moss would be a great addition.

Trade LaVar? Hey, if someone wants him and would give up the $$$$$ it would take........then I say buh bye.

I have already put it in my mind that Smoot is gone. If he stays, it will be like a surprise. If not, I am resigned to it.

Blondie

Originally posted by Blondie

Moss would be a great addition.

Trade LaVar? Hey, if someone wants him and would give up the $$$$$ it would take........then I say buh bye.

I have already put it in my mind that Smoot is gone. If he stays, it will be like a surprise. If not, I am resigned to it.

Blondie

So, you're willing to bail on a guy who loves his team, his city and his fans, a guy who is a good character both on and off the field, and a leader for a guy who bails out on his team before a game even ends, and takes plays off?

Ooooookkkkkkk...

I seriously don't understand the logic. We've done the "Acquire big names from other teams just to keep on losing" bit plenty of times already, too many in fact...

Why would we want to sign a guy who has to split touches with Coles? Moss would not be happy here and he would let the world know it...

It baffles me how so many are willing to give up on one of our leaders.

I agree....Lavar stays. However, I will say this. The worst thing going for Lavar is the fact that the defense finished #3 in the NFL....WITHOUT HIM. I have a feeling the coaches are thinking just a little bit, I said coaches not me, that Lavar became a little bit expendable while he was out with the injury and the defense just continued to knock the snot out of people. I love Lavar and I want him to stay, but I would not be surprised at Arrington trade rumors during the offseason. I will also say this....if he does get traded, I would be surprised but not shocked.

Originally posted by scottlo34

I agree....Lavar stays. However, I will say this. The worst thing going for Lavar is the fact that the defense finished #3 in the NFL....WITHOUT HIM. I have a feeling the coaches are thinking just a little bit, I said coaches not me, that Lavar became a little bit expendable while he was out with the injury and the defense just continued to knock the snot out of people. I love Lavar and I want him to stay, but I would not be surprised at Arrington trade rumors during the offseason. I will also say this....if he does get traded, I would be surprised but not shocked.

he CAN'T be traded... Do you realize the cap hit we'd take?

So, you're willing to bail on a guy who loves his team, his city and his fans, a guy who is a good character both on and off the field, and a leader for a guy who bails out on his team before a game even ends, and takes plays off?

Ooooookkkkkkk...

I seriously don't understand the logic. We've done the "Acquire big names from other teams just to keep on losing" bit plenty of times already, too many in fact...

Why would we want to sign a guy who has to split touches with Coles? Moss would not be happy here and he would let the world know it...

It baffles me how so many are willing to give up on one of our leaders.

Moss split balls with Coles? He'd be splitting them no more than he did with Cris Carter. Moss splits with no one, he is the man regardless of where he goes. I don't think Coles could concievably have a problem loosing receptions to Moss could he?

Originally posted by mookie0720

Moss split balls with Coles? He'd be splitting them no more than he did with Cris Carter. Moss splits with no one, he is the man regardless of where he goes. I don't think Coles could concievably have a problem loosing receptions to Moss could he?

Wanna bet? One way or the other we're going to have an unhappy wide receiver on our team if that were to occur, and we'd be losing someone that brings a positive in our locker room in LaVar...

I just don't understand... We all rag on Chump for leaving us and showing no loyalty... But we all abandon any loyalty when someone like Moss could be on the table?

Sad...

Wanna bet? One way or the other we're going to have an unhappy wide receiver on our team if that were to occur, and we'd be losing someone that brings a positive in our locker room in LaVar...

I just don't understand... We all rag on Chump for leaving us and showing no loyalty... But we all abandon any loyalty when someone like Moss could be on the table?

Sad...

If Moss never got unhappy splitting balls with Cris Carter, then he won't with Coles. Coles isn't Cris Carter. Lavar may be a positive, but he's a positive in a position where we are already strong. The question is then, would you sacrifice Lavar's leadership for offensive firepower?

Originally posted by mookie0720

If Moss never got unhappy splitting balls with Cris Carter, then he won't with Coles. Coles isn't Cris Carter. Lavar may be a positive, but he's a positive in a position where we are already strong. The question is then, would you sacrifice Lavar's leadership for offensive firepower?

You're right, Coles isn't Carter. Carter was Moss' mentor, Coles is not... One or the other would be unhappy, hell, Coles wasn't exactly happy this season due to his production... His production would be alot worse with Moss... And Moss' wouldn;t be up to Moss standards either...

And no, I would NEVER give up LaVar for Randy Moss or anyone else for that matter. We preach loyalty yet we show none. Well here's some loyalty for you. LaVar is one of our leaders, he goes for no one.

Archived