Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

hilarious comment from Strahan

skns4life

on Best Damn SPorts Show Period (God thats a long title)

paraphrasing a bit

Tom Arnold: "how much of a chance do the eagles have to win with TO out?"

Strahan:"aaah...as much of a chance as a one legged man in an a$$ kicking contest on a sheet of ice"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lavar said it, Strahan said it, and a number of other players also say it...the eagles will not win it...nobody knows more than the players...no "experts" or nothing...Eagles will choke again!!

Hehehe funny... but then there is a reason they play the games.

For example:

In 1987 we had the fourth best record in the conference with 11-4. The other playoff teams were the Niners (13-2) Bears(11-4), and the two wild card teams, Saints(12-3) and Vikings(8-7)

At that time the two wild card teams played each other and the Vikings won 44-10 over the Saints. Then the Skins, on the road, beat the Bears 21-17 and the Vikings beat the Niners 36-24 in Candlestick. We then hosted the Vikings for a 17-10 win in the NFC Championship game. The Skins went on to beat the Broncos 42-10.

No one picked that scenario to happen. The Vikings were not supposed to have the talent to beat the Saints and the Niners on the road. We were not picked to beat the Bears at Solder field. Strange things can happen in the playoffs and the experts rarely account for that. So lets enjoy the last playoffs without the Redskins for many years to come.

:logo:

Originally posted by skns4life

Lavar said it, Strahan said it, and a number of other players also say it...the eagles will not win it...nobody knows more than the players...no "experts" or nothing...Eagles will choke again!!

Funny, but I don't see this at all. Look at most of the retired players who are now commentators. Most can't pick games for anything. I pay attention to the picks of Jaws, Tom Jackson and Terrell Davis. None of the others even close to impress me. So I really don't think they know anything about it.

Of course, I tend to agree with them in this case but still. I think Philly has the best chance to go to the Super Bowl of all the teams in the weak NFC division. My problem is that I see them as the 4th or 5th best team in the league right now without T.O. and no better than 2nd or 3rd with him.

Of the teams in the NFC, Green Bay has the best chance to beat Philly. Something I would personally like to see actually. I would like to see Favre get one more before retiring and after all he has been through in the last year, it would make a great story.

I think playing the scrub squad for two consecutive weeks and then having this week off is what is going to kill the eagles hopes. They have lost all momentum. Not a smart move in may opinion. But at least we will get another year of angry eagles fans.

Originally posted by Bang

you know,, call me nuts, but if the Rams get by Seattle, and Martz decides to RUN the ball with Jackson vs Philly,,, they could give them a good game.

~Bang

Bang, you're nuts. But seriously, the Rams have lost their last 5 or so "non-dome" games on the road this year.... I don't see them coming into Philly and winning. I think GB and Atl would be the best to give Philly a game.... IMO

:cool:

you know,, call me nuts, but if the Rams get by Seattle, and Martz decides to RUN the ball with Jackson vs Philly,,, they could give them a good game.

~Bang

You're not nuts, but Martz is, and that's why you're wrong. :D

Originally posted by Sweet Sassy Molassy

I think that if the Packers meet the Eagles again, it may be a different story. The Brett Favre Experience wants his revenge, from the embarrassing loss this year, and last year in the playoffs. But, I do think the Eagles will pull it out, I don't know if they'll win it all though.

Brett Favre is still amazing and I would never count him out.... but the revenge factor is iffy. At the "4th and 26" game they wanted revenge for Philly beating them in Lambeau earlier that year on MNF..... the last game this regular season they wanted revenge for both of the previous games... they were all over their local media saying exactly that and they got 47 hung on them.... now, with T.O. out I don't see that happening again, but I think the Pack have some issues on their D.... they certainly have weapons.... but not sure they have the Defense.....

(but again, I would never count out Favre)

Originally posted by Neophyte

Funny, but I don't see this at all. Look at most of the retired players who are now commentators. Most can't pick games for anything. I pay attention to the picks of Jaws, Tom Jackson and Terrell Davis. None of the others even close to impress me. So I really don't think they know anything about it.

Of course, I tend to agree with them in this case but still. I think Philly has the best chance to go to the Super Bowl of all the teams in the weak NFC division. My problem is that I see them as the 4th or 5th best team in the league right now without T.O. and no better than 2nd or 3rd with him.

Of the teams in the NFC, Green Bay has the best chance to beat Philly. Something I would personally like to see actually. I would like to see Favre get one more before retiring and after all he has been through in the last year, it would make a great story.

well i was talking about the players that are STILL ACTIVE and know what goes on on the field TODAY

~Bang

Good point. Only problem is, since when does Martz do anything according to conventional wisdom :doh:

It could be raining and 30 degrees outside, and Bulger would attempt 50 passes.

Archived