Extremeskins

(merged) SI: Banks compliments Skins

Andre The Giant

Best pick up  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Best pick up

• Springs
    • Portis

"• Lord knows I've gigged the Redskins every chance I've gotten this season, so I'm going to stun Washington fans by saying something positive about your 6-10 team.

Here goes: There's hope for the future in D.C. because the Redskins have themselves a defense they can be proud of. Assistant head coach/defense Gregg Williams and defensive coordinator Greg Blache deserve a ton of credit for molding a unit that is aggressive, pursues well, tackles solidly, and generally keeps people in front of it.

If Washington can get its act together on offense -- we're looking in your direction, Joe Gibbs -- the Redskins can be a playoff contender in 2005."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/don_banks/01/02/snap.judgments.week17/index.html

you forgot another one

• That has to be the quietest ever 90-catch season in NFL history, the one turned in this year by Redskins No. 1 receiver Laveranues Coles. He had three receptions for 37 yards against Minnesota, giving him 90 catches for a modest 950 yards (10.6 average) this season, with just one, repeat, one touchdown.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/don_banks/01/02/snap.judgments.week17/index.html

• Lord knows I've gigged the Redskins every chance I've gotten this season, so I'm going to stun Washington fans by saying something positive about your 6-10 team.

Here goes: There's hope for the future in D.C. because the Redskins have themselves a defense they can be proud of. Assistant head coach/defense Gregg Williams and defensive coordinator Greg Blache deserve a ton of credit for molding a unit that is aggressive, pursues well, tackles solidly, and generally keeps people in front of it.

If Washington can get its act together on offense -- we're looking in your direction, Joe Gibbs -- the Redskins can be a playoff contender in 2005.

Gee, that didn't hurt a bit.

man, I think that did hurt him alittle.

Archived