Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reason to Watch this Weekend

bird_1972

I realize a lot of fans are distraught and demoralized in the wake of yet another Cowboys loss that sealed our remote playoff possibilities. Some say they don't even care if we win and others hope we don't so as not to damage a potential high-round draft pick.

This thread isn't to bash fans or call thier love for the Skins into question. Who am I to question that, after all?

No ... just a friendly reminder of the most important reason to watch and enjoy this weekend the last Skins game of the year. If for no other reason, because you won't get to see another Skins game until Aug 2005. Believe me, you'll be jonesing for the Skins in the depths of March when you've been without em for 3 months.

Lets hope that some backups shine this weekend and we are given hope for the future.

Lets knock the Vikings out of the playoff hunt!!

HTTR:helmet:

yeah the cowboys loss was tough, oh man i wanted to finish 7-9:( .....well life goes on, this offseason is gonna be soooo long, and we have to watch another playoffs without the skins, its just routine now....lose close games, have a losing record, miss playoffs, wait till next year.....though i do think gibbs will get it turned around, though i will NEVER root for a loss because of draft position, that is one of the worst things i think a fan can do.....:doh:

I still have a hangover from the stinkin' dallas game, I haven't watched one football game since, but gearing up for some hair of the dog come sunday.

Should be an evenly matched game; Interesting to see what Betts will do with his oppertunity, I've been very impressed with him this year, also to see if the depleted secondary holds up as well as the depleted D-line and linebackers have. It all kinda has the feel of next years first pre*season game, lets get some of those kinks worked out early this year. GOSKINS

Originally posted by denverdan

I still have a hangover from the stinkin' dallas game, I haven't watched one football game since, but gearing up for some hair of the dog come sunday.

Should be an evenly matched game; Interesting to see what Betts will do with his oppertunity, I've been very impressed with him this year, also to see if the depleted secondary holds up as well as the depleted D-line and linebackers have. It all kinda has the feel of next years first pre*season game, lets get some of those kinks worked out early this year. GOSKINS

What I really hope is that Gibbs with throw conservatism out of the window now that we have nothing to lose and open up the playbook. I'll admittedly be pretty upset if the offense looks good under those circumstances, especially against a team that has everything still at stake.

Originally posted by budski

I'll watch just like I do every year all the games.

The main reason to watch this Sunday is to see the fear in Moss's eyes when Taylor lays him out too. Then taylor will have three notches is his belt. Moss, Owens, Johnson.

Moss doesn't want a piece of Taylor.... He'd rather lose 5 yards and run out of bounds, if it means not taking a hit.... of course Taylor will probably just follow him out of bounds and get him there.... :laugh:

I'm hoping that Gibbs decides that, since the season's over, then this is an 'honorary preseason' game, and it's time to take a look at our depth, and see which players we're going to be holding on to next year.

I'm hoping that said backups view this as an opportunity to audition for next year (whichever team they may wind up with).

I'm hoping to see Rock get 20 carries.

(OK, I'm in fantasyland).

Originally posted by kevhow

Moss doesn't want a piece of Taylor.... He'd rather lose 5 yards and run out of bounds, if it means not taking a hit.... of course Taylor will probably just follow him out of bounds and get him there.... :laugh:

I know Taylor needs to quit that, or work on his time and angles of intercept, well hes still a rookie, Im sure that is in part of the offseason workout routine. contact intercept angles.

Archived