Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I hate to see this....

DaFunky1

Doesn't bother me a bit.

I didn't dislike Gus, but I never felt like we were going to go very far with him leading the way. And we didn't, though it certainly wasn't all his fault.

He'll be a nice back-up for someone and I wish him well (as long as he doesn't end up in Dallas or Philly). :)

Plus, he may fear he'll be pushed, if not beaten out, for the back-up job by Todd Husak. His first game in Europe, he threw for 350 yards and 3 scores I believe. The Broncos are high on Husak due to his intelligence.

Gus is Ed McMahon. He's Robin. He's Canada. He's mustard. He's Hank Kingsley. He's Milhouse. He's Art Garfunkel. He's Wings. He's Al Gore.

He's an effective #2, but not quite good enough to be #1. But that's not so terrible. He'll probably pull in an NFL paycheck for another 5 or 6 years in a reserve roll.

Unfortunately for us, we don't have an established #1 yet, so we don't WANT a second banana.

You know who he IS like???? George of the Jungle. WATCH OUT FOR THAT TREE!!!!!!!

:gus: :gus: :gus: :gus: :gus: :gus: :gus: :gus: :gus:

Gus provided a nice little bright spot in an otherwise dark era for the skins-- but alas, that bright spot flickered quickly. His meltdown in the opening game of the 1998 season (where Patton yelled at him) was THE END for Gus as a possible starter/winner in the NFL. Ever since then his role has been strickly as a back-up-- it is a role he fills fairly well, and like others, I wish him the best.

But his Meadowlands meltdown should be remembered more as his demise than his headbutt.

Originally posted by kleese

But his Meadowlands meltdown should be remembered more as his demise than his headbutt.

That was pretty bad, I remember Patton getting in his face after he threw those two INTs on back-2-back possessions , Norv followed it by putting in Trent Green. That was the start of his demise, the head butt was what people will think of 10 years from now when you say the name Gus Freotte to a Redskin Fan.

After that I think Gus came in relief in the Eagles Game a few weeks later and then plaid in Minnesota and were the Skins got killed.

I know he has done pretty good coming off the bench in both Detroit and Denver but he just is not consistent enough to ever be a starter again. I know a lot of Redskins Fans loved him because he was the Anti-Heath Shuler.

Hey hey hey, I use to watch MTV's Head Bangers Ball! :D

I remember in the 1999 NFC Wild Card Game vs. the Lions @ Jack Kent Cooke Stadium when Gus played for Detroit. During the first quarter before one of the Lion’s Drives, they plaid Quiet Riot’s “Bang Your Head” Over the PA System when Gus Ran out on the field with the Detroit Offense. :gus:

Too Funny :rofl:

Archived