Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey question

@DCGoldPants

Yes, that's exactly the case. What's fascinating about Ramsey is that in December, as he said, he wasn't a first round pick in the NFL. He was probably behind Davey, Kittner, and a few others. Since he has graduated and devoted his full time to developing, getting in better shape and working on his game, he has shot up the board. He will be so much further ahead than most rookies because he won't have to worry about classes or anything else. If he signs he can take full part in everything right away. Every day will help with Spurrier as his mentor.

He improved so much since he graduated, he went from terribly slow and immobile to just mostly slow and immobile. Of course, his speed was .1 and .2 off Carr and Harrington so he really has picked it up. He's already shown great development since December. In this offense he should do a pretty good job for us.

Speaking of NFL Europe, I caught a bit of the Admirals vs. Thunder game and got to see one Todd Husak. Typical 1st quarter, everything either high or in the dirt.... plus an interception over the middle to a completely covered receiver.

Oh...saw our allotted player Ryan Kalich playing LG, and he seemed to hold his own.

They can remember 5-11 or 1-15.

Last time they actually did something worth mentioning(drafting aikman, then throwing him into the fire)they went 1-15.

(Emmit you say? Irving you say? Well Emmit probably wouldn't have been as good if he didn't have Aikman taking some of the pressure off. Irving probably wouln't have been as good if Aikman wasn't throwing it to him...but who knows, I still say Acheman was a better pick)

Art?

I was thinking how funny it was that we have had what like 3 ex-nfle QB's in the last few years.

BRad Johnson, Da..Craig,Wuerrffull ( i hope I never have to learn how to spell that right if you know what I mean)

Since he graduated back in Dec of 2001, if they work out a deal with him like this weekend. Then does that mean he can start doing the offseason workout program. Be at the part with the other QB's alot more than Seniors that are still in school right now?

The answer to Bufford's question is, unfortunately, no. At least that's what Ramsey himself said in his press conference (available on redskins.com) -- he has to wait until Tulane's seniors graduate in mid-May, even though he already graduated in December. Seems a little wacky to me, but who am I to argue w/ Mr. 34 Wonderlic/3.5 GPA/double-major/early graduater himself?

Archived