Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You Can't Handle The Truth

Skinhead

Which Extremeskins Member Would Make the Best GM?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which Extremeskins Member Would Make the Best GM?

• Art
    • Buddha
    • bulldog
    • Die Hard
    • Dirk Diggler
    • GURU
    • IndySkinsfan
    • inmate running the asylum
    • NavyDave
    • UtahRedskins

It's from Igglephans concerning the team NOT signing Trotter that Rat Boy found.

Quote:

You want the truth??

You can't handle the truth!!

Son, we live in a world that has a salary cap, and that salary cap has to be

guarded by men with pencils!

Who's gonna do it? You? You, nephillymike?

I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for

Trotter and you curse the front office. You have that luxury. You have the

luxury of not knowing what I know: that Trotter's release, while tragic,

probably saved future cuts. And my existence, while grotesque and

incomprehensible to you, means Eagle victories.

You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about

at tailgate parties, you want me on that sideline, you need me on that

sideline. We use words like lowball, unnamed source, capspace. We use

these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use

them as a punchline.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who

rises and sleeps under the banner of the very division championship that I

provided and then questions the manner in which I provided it. I would

rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest

you pick up a helmet and get on the field.

Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

poor Eagles' fans, they have been brainwashed by their own cheap organization.

they had more than enough money under the cap to retain Trotter in fact if they had not delayed negotiating with him originally until his first deal was just about up, they probably could have gotten him a lot more cheaply than even their last offer.

here the Eagles sit with all that cap money but no real additions to the team outside of Shawn Barber, who is basically a player added so that Barry Gardner can move to MLB to replace Trotter.

the Eagles made a mistake in the draft in taking all secondary picks IF they don't acquire a DL like Sam Adams in what is left of the offseason.

the Redskins and other teams were able to run right up the gut on the Eagles last season and that is a weakness they need to address.

that problem is only exacerbated by the loss of Trotter who was their best run defender in the front seven.

don't believe the negative news about Trotter from the Eagles' front office these days.

with Corey Simon (289) and Paul Grasmanis (290) up front, Trotter at 255 made MORE than his share of plays to hold the line of scrimmage on run downs. :)

if it weren't for Trotter Stephen Davis would have had 200 yards rushing in that first game against the Eagles. :)

The writing here is very fun. Unfortunately this poor guy doesn't realize that NOT signing Trotter is going to cause more lost players down the road than signing him would have caused to be cut. That team is questioning the leadership and direction of the franchise. They see Washington step up and pay a guy they loved playing with and they wonder what's wrong with their organization.

The Eagles did not make the right choice here when factoring in Trotter's critical importance to that team's emotional state. They loved Trotter and twice, with dissent, said he was the most valuable player to them as a unit and team. That's strong stuff. To lose him will make some players bitter and when the time comes, you may find others leaving Philly rather than putting up with it.

Art, truer words were never spoken I live in the Philly suburbs

and listen to sports radio and the rumors are fast and furious regarding players whose contracts are up next year. These players see how Trotter was screwed and they all know they are being paid below league averages at their position so they already have become bitter at the prospect of negotiating another deal. Bottom line, the buzzards are crumbling from within.

Originally posted by Chief skin

I live in the Philly suburbs

The industrial wasteland of southern NJ and eastern PA aren't really considered suburbs. They call it that so people with no money will move in and think they live a decent lifestyle.

So are southern NJ peeps Devils or Flyers fans?

:puke:

Eddie

well, all you can say is the Eagles have an insatiable appetite for mid-tier Redskins free agents

Mitchell, Thrash, Kalu, Barber..........there is an ex-Redskins convention going on up there in Philly.

we will gladly trade Barber for Trotter any time :)

in fact if you want to swap McNabb for say Sage Rosenfels and Dameyune Craig I am sure Redskins Park would try to find a way to oblige you :laugh:

Originally posted by bulldog

in fact if you want to swap McNabb for say Sage Rosenfels and Dameyune Craig I am sure Redskins Park would try to find a way to oblige you :laugh:

What? Are you admitting your plethora of QB's may not cut it in the Fun 'n Gun O?

That's shocking!

Eddie

Archived