Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles Not Playing So Hot!!

skinsguy29

Originally posted by jakehunter

No, it does not and should not. The Eagles have had 2 bad games when they really mean nothing. The sad part is they will probably win 2 games were they played horrible. This is the worst you will see them, and they win.

Did you just start watching football?:laugh:

NEWSFLASH: you are playing for homefield

Originally posted by Art

I'm glad the Eagles won.

The problem for Philly is after how we pounded on them last week, they started to break this week. After playing most of the season as among the healthiest teams in the league, they are now facing a stretch run as a beat up team, depending on the seriousness of the Owens injury.

Owens has four weeks to get healthy for the playoffs. HFA is clinched. The last two games mean absolutely nothing and the team will be able to rest players now.

It was very ugly but all that matters is the W. It's funny that people don't knock the Patriots or Steelers for ugly close wins but Philly gets one and it's a blueprint on how to beat them, or the team peaked to early, or they're not as good as they seem, :blahblah: . All that matters is that you win the game, there's no style points in the NFL. 13-1 and a sweep of the entire NFC East. Yep, I'm glad to see it.

Originally posted by jpgirth

I am confident, we won't see this until next year........it wil be on.

Wait....but don't you have to beat out Minny, Sea, and GB?

As far as I know Sea got smoked, Minny is barley hanging on for life, and GB has to face Leftwich!

Originally posted by TexasEagle

Hell no. The last thing I want to see in the playoffs in any round is the Redskins D. Not that I think it will happen but hell no!!! Keep that team at home in January.

I understand......but a true champion faces all comers and conquers all. I want to face the best.....so why not the Redskins? Why be afraid of a team that hits, plays hard, and has nothing to lose (sounds like us 4 years ago when this ride began)

Fact is this, I don't want a cheap Super Bowl were folks can say "You guys played a bunch of stiffs!" I want the best and this city deserves to see our team at its finest. Trust me, if these two teams had to play again, in the playoffs, in Philly, and for a shot at the Super Bowl, do you honestly think the results would be any different?

It would be a hard fought, emotional ballgame that I don't think the young Skins are ready for just yet.

Quote this.......

"NO TEAM WILL COME INTO OUR HOUSE AFTER JAN. 12th and WIN A SINGLE GAME!"

Originally posted by Number5

I understand......but a true champion faces all comers and conquers all. I want to face the best.....so why not the Redskins? Why be afraid of a team that hits, plays hard, and has nothing to lose (sounds like us 4 years ago when this ride began)

Fact is this, I don't want a cheap Super Bowl were folks can say "You guys played a bunch of stiffs!" I want the best and this city deserves to see our team at its finest. Trust me, if these two teams had to play again, in the playoffs, in Philly, and for a shot at the Super Bowl, do you honestly think the results would be any different?

It would be a hard fought, emotional ballgame that I don't think the young Skins are ready for just yet.

Quote this.......

"NO TEAM WILL COME INTO OUR HOUSE AFTER JAN. 12th and WIN A SINGLE GAME!"

They are.......They are......The battle is coming......I just think next year:laugh:

Did you just start watching football?:laugh:

NEWSFLASH: you are playing for homefield

NEWS FLASH!!! If the Eagles win 1 of 3 games they had home field locked. They are that much better then everyone, they knew and you knew they would win 1 of 3 games.

NEWS FLASH!!! If the Eagles win 1 of 3 games they had home field locked. They are that much better then everyone, they knew and you knew they would win 1 of 3 games.

Number 5, I am in need of you giving JAKEHUNTER some football knowledge.

You just did start watching football:laugh:

No problem......

Even if the Birds had won 1 out of 3, if ATL had run the table, then they would have finished with a better record. With ATL having at this time a 11-3 record, if the Eagles had lost this game, it would have made the records 12-2 to 11-3. And with them playing New Orleans and Seattle, they probably would have won out. Now granted the Eagles play STL who is still fighting to win their division and a fisty Cinny team, the Eagles if they were still fighting for HFA would have had the harder road.

Luckly for us, we won today and have a chance to rest plaers, but knowing Reid, he will only rest Owens, Kearse, Westbrook (maybe), Simon, Dawkins, and possibly Trotter.

Number 5, I am in need of you giving JAKEHUNTER some football knowledge.

You just did start watching football:laugh:

Yeah lets see... I know nothing, but you know all....

Someone explain to me what in the world Jevon Kearse has achieved. Potential WOW

Mcnabb is overrated and a choker (that defense has afforded him alot of mistakes)

Good thing the eagles signed Kearse,...

Kearse has worked out pretty good to this point, eh?
I think this is an excellent idea.

I predicted it (if it happens). Bobby Taylor is underrated and he has handled Terrell. You will see a 3-headed rotation at corner. Gibbs is preparing for the arrival...

VERY underrated is Taylor, and how's he doing in Washington... I mean Seatle anyway? Gibbs must still be getting ready for this season.
I believe the skins have the better line. That's sad, the eagles line has been together for 4/5 yrs.
Sad? Eagles line has proved to be much better.
Ray Didinger and Ron Jaworski (both eagles fans)were both quoted as saying they weren't thrilled with the aquisition. They stated "you get all of TO" I can't wait for the time bomb to explode.
Ray, Ron, and yourself are still waiting for that bomb to explode.
TO is the better receiver, by a hair.

I am just glad he is not on our team.

Yeah, just slightly better then Coles. :laugh:
Eagles 11-5

Skins10-6,11-5 ) I think Gibbs will start strong. He does his best coaching when back against the wall.

Cowboys10-6

Giants8-8

The Redskins or the Cowboys will beat the Eagles if they meet in the playoffs. Gibbs and Parcells are masters at this. This is not even a comparison to the rest of the division. Not spectacular wins. Running the ball, field position, controlling the clock, no turnovers. Keeping the eagles offense off the field.

The Redskins line stinks. They will get pressure through schemes.

They will stop the run which I am more concerned about that than pass rushing. We will be fine.

You definatly know you're NFL... any idiot knew there was no 10 or 11 win season with that Redskins team/coaching staff.

Yeah, just slightly better then Coles.

Look at the injuries Coles has sustained and still could have a 90 catch 1000 yard season, meanwhile TO gets hurt and goes and puts his big fuzzy coat on (I will never forget that image last year, I'll take the guy who does it all and never b1tches)

Originally posted by pr11fan

Look at the injuries Coles has sustained and still could have a 90 catch 1000 yard season, meanwhile TO gets hurt and goes and puts his big fuzzy coat on (I will never forget that image last year, I'll take the guy who does it all and never b1tches)

Didn't Tony Siragusa report that TO wanted to come back in, while Andy said no? There's a big difference between Coles having to play through a nagging injury and TO possibly breaking a bone when you're team is definatly in the playoffs with a top 2 seed.

Yeah lets see... I know nothing, but you know all....

Kearse has worked out pretty good to this point, eh?

VERY underrated is Taylor, and how's he doing in Washington... I mean Seatle anyway? Gibbs must still be getting ready for this season.

Sad? Eagles line has proved to be much better.

Ray, Ron, and yourself are still waiting for that bomb to explode.

Yeah, just slightly better then Coles. :laugh:

You definatly know you're NFL... any idiot knew there was no 10 or 11 win season with that Redskins team/coaching staff.

Hindsight is great now isn't it.

You did just start watching football and you respond as if you're 12.:laugh:

The response, you dope, is that the eagles had nothing to play for.

Hindsight is great now isn't it.

You did just start watching football and you respond as if you're 12.:laugh:

The response, you dope, is that the eagles had nothing to play for.

What are you talking about? They did not have a thing to play for. Homefield advantage would get locked for them one way or another. Technically I guess the Skins have something to play for still too... LOL I was not talking about by the #'s, because by the #'s the Redskins can make the playoffs... We all know there is really ZERO chance of that. Hindsight? I could have told you the Skins were horrible in the preseason, so how is that hindsight? The Skins having 10 or 11 wins is a joke. Go ahead, you'll predict it again next year... When the great Dan Snyder brings in those 'missing' pieces... Just like he did with Deion, Bruce Smith, Marty, Andre Reed, Spurrier, Trotter, Armstead, Warful, Sugar Shane, Thomas, Hall, Coles, Portis, Gibbs, Springs, etc. Every year, all we read about is how this Skins team will be better because Spurrier's offense is incredible or because Gibbs is the greatest coach ever. You claim to 'keep it real', but predict 10 or 11 wins? You are the 12 year old joke pal.

Archived