Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can we win out ?

HTTR84

This time last year was demoralizing. We sucked and there seemed no end in sight. While this years record is almost as same last years there is a feeling of optimism. I think there is a general feeling that we can be a play off team next year. I can almost agree with the optimism but I think we need to win out the next three games.

One of Coach Gibbs trademark talents was being able to hold a team together. This team has had it's share of adversity( close tough losses, injuries, bad calls, the failed Brunnell experiment, etc.) There is really nothing left to play for this year.

Lets see if Coach Gibbs still has some magic and gets these guys kickin butt the next three weeks. I would really like to see the team take pride in wearing the burgundy and gold and go down to Dallas and open a can of whoop @$$!

I remember the strong finish at the end of the 1981-82 season. I thought Joe had that team ready to compete with anyone and as it turned out, he did. Hopefully by winnig out it will be deja vu all over again.

HTTR !

I believe we will win out, too...NEVER underestimate the Skins defense this season, and Ramsey, Cooley, Coles and Portis give me lots of confidence. The Skins have the talent and poise to beat the 49ers with ease, the strength of character and, more importantly, the motivation to break the Cowboys "curse", and the heart and toughness to knock down the Vikings...

Hey 7-9 would feel pretty good in mid January. It would also make the Skins finish maybe 2nd in the division. I don't see the Cowboys winning out and the Giants may not win another game this year. The 49ers and the cowboys are winnable and the Vikes are beatable, especially if they are out of the playoff hunt. If they are still in it on Jan3rd , that will be a tough game.

i think we'll beat the 49ers and i think we'll surprise dallas with a very complete game on both sides of the ball. we're due.

minnesota is going to be tricky. if they show up to play, we'll have our hands full. it would be great to finish the season with a win, though.

Originally posted by panthro

minnesota is going to be tricky. if they show up to play, we'll have our hands full. it would be great to finish the season with a win, though.

I'm thinking Minnesota is going to come into the game with an interim head coach :) If the Vikings continue to go into the tank AGAIN I think McCombs' patience will run out with Tice.

You are right...a win at home to finish the season would be very nice...

There is no reason why we can't win out.

Our defense will not let up, and our offense is getting better every game.

Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of offensive work to do, but people are starting to get it.

The Gibbsian moment just hasn't hit all of them yet.

Archived